How do I copy floor plan into new file

emilyt18

Hello,

Trying to figure out how I can copy a floor plan from one file to the next without losing all the material/room settings (cabinet knobs and backsplash, floor heights, etc. are all changing back to defaults)? Why wouldn't the copy/paste plan have the same settings in the new file? 

Thank you

51 minutes ago, emilyt18 said:

Hello,

Trying to figure out how I can copy a floor plan from one file to the next without losing all the material/room settings (cabinet knobs and backsplash, floor heights, etc. are all changing back to defaults)? Why wouldn't the copy/paste plan have the same settings in the new file? 

Thank you

Because the new File has all it own defaults which are not over-ridden by a copy paste.

Try importing the Defaults into the new plan 1st from the Old plan.

M.

23 hours ago, emilyt18 said:

Hello,

Thank you

Hi Emily , Dermot from Chief Architect just posted this in another thread with a similar Question....

Room floor and ceiling heights are dynamic defaults.  If any values are set to "use default", then they will automatically change any time the defaults are changed.  If you don't want them to change dynamically then all you need to do is turn off "use default".  When you use the Edit Area tool to copy any object that is controlled with dynamic defaults from one plan to another, the program will allow any data that is set to "use default" to use the new defaults in the new plan.  This is an extremely powerful feature but if you don't want this behavior you already have the ability to control it.

M.