Foundation walls not lining up with main frame layer

JoeSelby

Hello,

When I ask Chief to build the foundation based off of the 1st floor, the foundation main layer (6" Stem wall) never lines up with the 1st floor main framing layer (plate).  

When I use the "align with wall above" tool - the foundation shifts so the stem wall lines up with the edge of the veneer - in this case brick.  

I'm in Oklahoma, and we typically center the stem wall on the footing and use the footing for a brick ledge.  

My work around has been to copy the dimensions from the first floor and paste them onto the foundation and then manually move the walls around so the stem wall lines up with the outside of the framing layer.  

Does anyone know how I can set up the foundation to build this way?  

I have attached the plan I'm working on.  I also copied the dimensions from the first floor so you can see where I'd like the stem walls to line up.  

Any help is much appreciated,

Joe / OKC 

Bennett,_Michael_1-10-19.plan

Like that except the slab will be flush with the top of the stem wall.  So the top of the stem wall and slab will both be "0" floor height.  

But yes, the frame will be built directly on top of the stem wall like your cross section shows. 

Thanks, Eric.  

I tried changing my 6" stem wall to have the air gap and brick but the main layers still won't line up. 

I tried building the foundation with the exact same wall I'm using for framing (Brick -6) and the walls still don't line up correctly, although they will when I use the "align with all above" tool?  

I may just start copying and pasting the 1st floor exterior walls to the foundation and then change them to the 6" stem wall.