Darlene

How to Delete a Railing

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie and using Architectural 2019.  I placed a railing on the outside edge of my front porch and would like to delete it.  But, every time I try to delete it, the roof goes down to the ground on the porch area.  Can anyone help please?

Thanks, Darlene

Please post questions like this in the Q&A forum in the future.

The porch is defined by the railing wall.  Major problems will happen when it is deleted.  Best to just open the wall and make it invisible or place a doorway and it will replace a section of the railing.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    06PeterMorris62
    Newest Member
    06PeterMorris62

• By Sunnyfields
      I am attempting to show a bridge structure from a stair to a loft and CA is showing a dropped area underneath the railing:

You will note that the railing perpendicular to this does not have this problem. I have rechecked my defaults, added a room under the bridge with the same settings as the room without the issue, and asked our CA guru...we are at a loss. This seems to be an issue with the wall created underneath the railing, but the settings for this railing are exactly the same as the perpendicular one Here's the troublesome railing:

Here's the one which is working properly:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you!

• By HibjurOnline
      Hey All,
      Please help me to create roof over a floor without walls but with only beam/pillars. I want it to be open terrace but covered from above.
      Thanks!
    • By stevenyhof
      Hello,
      I have a soffit that just wants to be angled. I auto created the roofs and this happened. So I deleted that part and made my own - same thing. So I mirrored the rear roof at 45 into place - same thing. I have included the plan - anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

SND1833 Norm Jones Residence.plan
    • By OnlineBuilder2
      Is there a quick way to do this roofline? I tried putting another level above but its not working. I've done this years ago but can't get it now

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, I am trying to put together a floating deck on top of a roof patio. As soon as I draw the deck it cut a hole in the roof slab. How can I achieve to show the deck?