stager386

A few things I would like clarity on, if anyone has any thoughts. I was preparing a tiled floor and the client showed me the individual 2" hex tile with the smaller square accent tile and the border 1x2 tile. The only way I could reproduce the hex/accent layout was to choose the 12x12 tiles that have this layout on it.  Given the size of the floor, this 12x12 tile would have produced a 3" hex tile. So I manually counted and measured and reduced the tile to 8x8. This was perfect. But I was unable to change the grout color, as it treats the entire square tile, not all the smaller tiles within. We wanted to end up with a grid of all white so we could decide where to have darker accents. It was hard to see. Also, when I tried to render it as a tech drawing, the tiles only show up as the 8x8.  Some of the tile choices are actual physical materials, and some are surface colors/patterns. Kind of confusing. Also, when the option to stretch-to-fit isn't right, I uncheck and resize, but it's not clear if the stretch option was too big or too small, until I try a bunch of things. I also had to add floor materials for the border in two different ways so the tiles were going in the right direction. 

Thoughts? Thank you!

bathroom tile.jpg