Residential interior design firm looking for an experienced, professional design drafter/project manager to assist with drafting and documentation for new design build projects.
This would be a full time, remote work position with benefits.
-Architectural design background with experience in all design phases.
-3+years of experience in Cheif Architect
-Highly proficient in autoCAD
-Highly proficient in office word and excel
Please send resumes and examples of your work in PDF format to email@example.com
American Heritage Homes is a locally owned, custom home builder with over 25 years experience building in the Central Ohio area. We are currently seeking a drafting professional to join our team.
We are not seeking remote services or contract services at this time - so only those that can train and work in and around Central Ohio need reply.
We build homes for our customers on land that they own. We don't build spec homes for sale. Every home, every customer, and every lot is different and very unique.
Not sure what the official ask/profession is but ideally id like to find someone local to the Phoenix area that could come and measure my house and draw up the existing layout so it can be manipulated in Home Designer Pro.
We are looking to remodel the house and I'd like to draw up some ideas in HD but I don't know where to start on mapping the existing house accurately. Ultimately I'd get an architect to complete the final plans - i assume using these professionally measured and draw up house plan as a base.
Any recommendations, services or advice on better ways to do this would be gratefully receive.
Established in 1989, Crossroads Contracting is an award-winning Design/Build Remodeling Firm located in Londonderry, NH. The firm helps people get greater enjoyment and value from their homes by providing a comprehensive range of remodeling services.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, Drafting Designer with excellent attention to detail to be part of our team. We are looking for someone with an established track record of creating functional and compelling projects. You will be working with individuals who have a passion for exceeding the customer's expectations. We're not just another Home Improvement Contractor; we are known in the community as a company with the highest standards of work and an undisputed reputation for Customer Service.
The Drafting Designer is responsible for creating all drawings from the initial as-built drawings through the final working drawings on residential remodeling projects during the design/build process. All projects are custom and will vary in scope from a single room remodel, additions, to entire house remodels. The Drafting Designer will collaborate with the Remodeling Consultants to create compelling and functional conceptual designs that achieve the customers’ desired goals while working within a given budget. The Drafting Designer will work with the Design Consultant to produce detailed working drawings that include all of the customers selected items as well as all the details needed so that the carpenters can build directly from the plans without needing to reference the written proposal.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in residential drafting and design of projects.
· Proficient in 3-D rendering programs, preferably Chief Architect.
· Excellent computer skills and proficient with the MS Office Suite.
· Ability to be creative in order to develop and design a wide variety of projects.
· Understanding of current residential construction methods, code and terminology.
· Organization and time management skills, which includes the ability to multi-task and run multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining thoroughness and precision.
· Travel required. Employee must own a vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license with insurance coverage.
· Continually enhance personal and professional development.
Not required, but nice to have:
· Proficient in 20/20 cabinet software.
· Multiple years’ experience designing and drafting with a design/build remodeling firm.
· Award winner for project design.
· Experience with project management software such as BuilderTrend or Co-Construct.
· Experience or certifications in Universal Design for residential applications.
· Additional certification from the American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) and National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) is a plus.
Compensation will be Salary and based on experience.
Crossroads offers a great benefits package including Medical, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Aflac, Retirement Plan and Quarterly bonuses!
High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letter today! Nick@crossroadscontracting.com
Great opportunity to join the team of one of the area's most well-established and respected custom and luxury home builders! Located in Aiken, South Carolina, this is an in-office position; remote work is not available.
In this position, you will assist in architectural plan design and drawing creation. Chief Architect software experience is a must.
· Use Chief Architect to create a construction drawing set from a plan design set
· Understanding of residential building code compliance; general construction knowledge
· Creation of lot-specific drawings for field construction use
· Review contract selections for inclusion on field drawings set
· Create details as needed for clarity on construction drawing set
· Assist in the creation of new library plan design and plan creation
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
In-Office position, Remote opportunity unavailable
The ideal candidate will possess excellent follow-through skills, have an eye for detail, and well versed in Chief Architect software.
Bachelors or Certificate
4+ years of residential design experience is required.
Job Type: Full-time, in-office. Remote work is not available.
We have limited traffic through the office as well as alternate methods for transferring hard copies of documents. Guests to our office are encouraged to wear masks if they feel comfortable doing so. All employee workspaces are socially distanced.