How do I extend the fascia board of a roofline?

dbb5012

Beginner here ~ is it possible to extend the "fascia board" without changing the roof overhang (#1)? Ideally, I would like to achieve a roofline that looks like that of the picture on the right. Also, what is wrong with that little tidbit in circle #2?

Question.thumb.jpg.4593e3d74f13c9e5fda19bb02a585ca4.jpg

Thanks in advance! :)

18 minutes ago, dbb5012 said:

Also, what is wrong with that little tidbit in circle #2?

There also seems to be a strange artifact in circle 1 under the fascia board but you would likely need to post the plan file for someone to diagnose that if you are unable to select and fix it yourself.

• Like 1

It's fairly simple to use a resized rafter, with a tail if desired, to make a gable fascia.

ct1.thumb.jpg.a23bba3ed031e35972c91674c8948b58.jpg

Thank you for the quick reply. I followed up with the link you provided although I am confused about what how to achieve the extended gable fascia. Could you please outline the steps I should take to resize and insert a rafter? 

Thanks!

Frame your roof and go to a plan view that has the rafters turned on.

Make a copy of a standard rafter and move it over to the position of the fascia.

Resize for length or width and depth as necessary and make sure Automatic Rafter height is on or things will get out of wack.

A profile can also be applied if necessary.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Frame your roof and go to a plan view that has the rafters turned on.

Make a copy of a standard rafter and move it over to the position of the fascia.

Resize for length or width and depth as necessary and make sure Automatic Rafter height is on or things will get out of wack.

A profile can also be applied if necessary.

Thanks, Chopsaw ~

I went into the Framing Layer Set, duplicated a rafter, and changed its dimensions. Here is what it looks like so far:

5b5f90420e508_ScreenShot2018-07-30at3_24_53PM.thumb.png.7c2f82adfcc1f7aa6f3c2f11980d8e7f.png

Not sure if I'm on the right track. Also, I can't seem to see the customized rafter in Camera View Layer Set. How can I view the extended fascia in the default camera view?

Cheers ~ 

Yes it looks as though you are making progress.  You just need to decide if it is replacing the sub-fascia or going in front of it as a fascia. Then turn on Framing Roof Rafters layer in Camera View or better yet put them on a Fascias-Custom Layer and turn that on.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes it looks as though you are making progress.  You just need to decide if it is replacing the sub-fascia or going in front of it as a fascia. Then turn on Framing Roof Rafters layer in Camera View or better yet put them on a Fascias-Custom Layer and turn that on.

Worked like a charm! A million thanks, mate!