Help needed for rendering an exsisting, simple house and kitchen in La Mesa, CA, and if time permits; landscape

NellyCA

Hello, 

I would love to engage the services of a CA user, ideally in my present location of La Mesa, CA (so I can look over your shoulder)! it is a relatively simple, rectangular layout). I need to describe my exsisting house and, if time permits, apply a couple of my ideas for renovation (I lack the technical skill set at this point to carry out a few simple changes I would like to make). It would be great to get some help with landcaping, too, if time permits. 

17 hours ago, NellyCA said:

Hello, 

I would love to engage the services of a CA user, ideally in my present location of La Mesa, CA (so I can look over your shoulder)! it is a relatively simple, rectangular layout). I need to describe my exsisting house and, if time permits, apply a couple of my ideas for renovation (I lack the technical skill set at this point to carry out a few simple changes I would like to make). It would be great to get some help with landcaping, too, if time permits. 

It sounds as if you need a set of plans to submit to the building department.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dale8804
    Newest Member
    Dale8804

• By Nate_M
      I'm looking for some suggestions on how to build the sloped ceiling underneath the stair platform. I can make a sloped ceiling plane, but then I don't' know how to build it out. All of the other methods I've seen require building a roof. However this does not have or need any roof framing. I guess I could build a polyline solid and save that as a soffit? Is that the best way to do it? It's kind of an odd setup if you ask me, but I need to include the detail in an as built plan for a remodel project.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

• By BenPalmer
      about a year ago, with an X12 updates, thick wall connections (anything over 8" thick) became unstable...especially when 3 walls intersect.

I'm attaching an X12 plan that demonstrates several issues I'm having.  Curious if others see the same behavior.  notes within the plan describing the behaviors

I realize that layered walls will likely fix much of this but I do not like layered walls....they have a whole set of issues that I don't want to get into the pros and cons.  again, this worked fine before, but broke with an X12 update and is still broken in X13 beta.

Appreciate everyone's input.
      wallConnectionProblems.plan
    • By Makerer
      I changed the defaults for the Glass Pony Wall and I would now like to change them back to their original defaults, but I don't recall the original settings. Is there an easy way to do this?
    • By CCOTEY
      Hello,

I'm new to chief architect and I'm having trouble with this tricky sloped wall. For some reason this weird cut out that reflects the shape of the stair railings is showing up on the ceiling. If anyone has recommendations on how to fix this please share! Thanks

• By ChiefRosieRue
      I'm a relatively new user and am working my way through the Bachelor View project after the Chic Cottage project disappeared. I'm at video 6, "Creating Rooms and Defining the Ceilings" but I noticed something funky going on with some of my walls from the foundation/basement showing up on the first floor. I'm sure part of the issue is that some of my wall heights/foundation/stem walls are off, but the videos don't show what my defaults should be set to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
      Thank you!