Sign in to follow this  
desiblu

Adding additional symbols to electrical legend

I am adding an electrical legend into my layout, and realized that all of the symbols that I used for custom lighting, etc. are not in the legend.  I tried pulling in an electric schedule with the idea of breaking it, then using the symbols to add to my legend, but it wont do that.  Is there another way to bring in the correct symbols from my plan into an electrical legend?

If you are making a manual legend you can Insert the electrical cad blocks from CAD Block Management.  However if you are using one of the more recent versions you can add the 2D Symbol to the Electrical Schedule as a column. There is also a Electrical Legend in the Library as a cad block that you can edit.

Thank you.  I was modifying the electrical legend in the library, and needed to add symbols.  Insert from CAD block management is exactly what I needed. Solved!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    GeorgeWood
    Newest Member
    GeorgeWood

• By verticalworks
      We have limited space on our layout page and more pages than can fit. I cannot seem to find a way to do columns. The only option is to shrink the font but that will not be an option as the city requires a minimum font size. All I can come up with is to do a manual text box. This seems like there should be an easy solution to this as I know plan sets that are 60-80 pages and you would need multiple columns to show all the pages. Thought?

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello,
      In one of my basement floor plan, for some reason the door number is displaying 2 numbers. I don't where is this coming from. Just to clarify there is only 1 door in that location. In the door schedule there is only one number for that door. I try to delete that door and inserted it again. I try to insert a new door at a different location, that new door also is displaying 2 numbers. Kind of crazy. Any help?? see attached image

• By Verica
      Hi
      I wonder if it is possible to somehow create a symbol out of these or similar free dwg Autocad blocks?
      I mean not to import but to trace and create a 3d polyline?

• By eubanks
      Good evening everyone, hope you are all well! I have had this problem for awhile and I have searched the forums for this issue before. The living room shown in the jpeg is a 2-story height space in a tiny home (84" first floor, 60" Loft). I want to have the electrical layout displayed on the ground floor and also have the recessed lights in the vaulted ceiling in the floor above. The problem is the vaulted ceiling is drawn on the 2nd floor. The obvious workaround is to draw these fixtures on the 2nd floor, CAD to detail, and copy them as a separate layer on the ground floor. It is important that the client sees the lights in relation to furniture, cabinets, etc. Let me know if it is possible to combine the first and second floor into one room in the living room. As you can see in the photo, the ceiling is registering only 84" above the floor. Thanks! 

• By HDbyJustin
      Hello everybody. I have recently made the jump from the Home Designer Pro series to Premier X12. I have a client that wants the windows to be labeled with letters instead of numbers. I have not seen a way to change that but am I missing something?