Sign in to follow this  
ShelbyTRI

Schedule Symbol Line weights

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to change the line weights of the 2D symbols in a schedule.

I create a schedule in a CAD detail, send it to the layout, and scale it to appropriately fit the page.

However, when I print the layout, the 2D symbols look extremely thick. How can I make the line weights of the symbols thinner?

I've tried editing within the schedule, and changing the text height to a smaller size (1"), which this works to make the symbols thinner, but then the text is too hard to read.

Also, is there a way to make a schedule have multiple columns?

Thanks!!

test.PNG

The color and line weight are controlled by the parent object's layer settings, so in your electrical schedule example, simply alter the Electrical layer settings to suit. Obviously the same goes for fixtures, etc.

When I change the Electrical layer settings, yes the line weight of the symbol in the schedule changes, but then the line weight in the plan view also changes. So then in plan view the line weight is far too light.

Just now, ShelbyTRI said:

When I change the Electrical layer settings, yes the line weight of the symbol in the schedule changes, but then the line weight in the plan view also changes. So then in plan view the line weight is far too light.

Create a unique Layerset for displaying the schedules. Send the CAD Detail to Layout. In Layout, select the Layout Box, activate the Layout Box Layers tool, and select the unique Layerset you've created.

Create a unique Layerset for displaying the schedules. Send the CAD Detail to Layout. In Layout, select the Layout Box, activate the Layout Box Layers tool, and select the unique Layerset you've created.

That seems to be doing the trick, however, I'm also running into the issue that the text is quite small because of how long the schedule is.

I have to scale it down quite a bit to fit it on the page. Do you or anyone know if there is a way to either make multiple columns in a schedule, or keep the text size bigger while shrinking the schedule box?

There is no way to "wrap" a schedule into multiple columns. You can either be more selective about what is included in the schedule (eg by floor, by object type, etc), or find another creative way to make things work; I sometimes use multiple layout boxes for the same schedule - each box showing a portion of the schedule.