A FEW QUESTIONS

DaliaSassoon

Hi,

I am fairly new to the x10 premiere and I have a few questions please

1. When I try and use the exterior painter to keep the stucco texture of an exterior wall, but change the color (keeping the roller icon checked), it won't keep the stucco texture.  It just appears in Camera view as a plain painted surface.  The stucco colors through the library browser are limited so I would like to have the option to add my own colors.  

2. When I add a wall niche to an interior wall, the inner sides of the niche (top and bottom) sometimes appear as wood.  why is this and how do I avoid it? (niche above bathtub on left in attached image)

3.  I used retaining walls as a step to create different levels in a sloping backyard but when I put a perimeter retaining wall with a fence above it, the steps (terrain retaining walls)  tried to reach up and connect to the fencing.  Is there a default setting that stops walls from extending to connect automatically to each other? I ended up having to shorten the length of the steps far enough so they wouldn't end near the fence but it left a sloping gap on the side of the terrain betrween the step and the fence. (image with fence attached here) 

4. How do I set the default wall and floor material regions to be something other than subway tile?

5. And finally, I had a wall on this blue stucco house below, the wall with the black metal door changed from blue stucco to the default beige and would not change back to blue even when I opened the wall specification box and when I tried the material painter. Couldn't figure out why.  

6. Can someone tell me why my default wall build gives me this strange line in the middle of my wall with a contrasting paint color? (see photo below)

Thank you from a newbie! 

TAMIR ADOREE VIEW 11.jpg

TAL SHELBURN VIEW 12.jpg

WEIRD LINE AND SHOWER DOOR INTERSECTION.jpg