Cheryl_C_Crane

Shower Wall at 45 degrees to Interior Wall troubles

I'm sure that this is User Error, but I've watched  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/2429/stacking-railings-to-create-a-glass-shower-enclosure.html several times and still can't fix this.

I've tried reversing the wall layers & redrawing using the old Glass Poly Solid on a Half Wall. Each time I have similar results. That 45-degree edge looks awful! Sorry the zip file took the 25 mb and left no room for little pix.

Mark_Green_Plan_C.zip

I was unable to open your plan but you might try the "edit wall layer intersection" tool.  You might be able to coax into looking better.

Was able to load the plan.  The closest I could get was to uncheck that wall as a rail and manually add the cap and wall terminator.shower.thumb.JPG.79095be781a6b6b7a45c78bb1520b513.JPG

How do you want the walls? 

ct1.thumb.jpg.391be00f4aaf6869f37420929cd15642.jpg

Eric, How did you do this? A poly solid of drywall?

Javatom, thanks for taking an interest!  Because your post isn't in color, I'm not sure what I'm looking at, maybe framing?

12 minutes ago, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

Eric, How did you do this? A poly solid of drywall?

Exactly.

I used a Room Divider (in red)at the end of each wall to keep them from merging.

ct1.thumb.jpg.03e2579d1a7e5e55285aab5c8462edac.jpg

Then a solid to fill in the corner.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

That is one of the most clever work arounds I have seen in a while.  Good job.

I want to make a little block ( solid and molding line) and save it to the library for future use and little futzing. However, There just doesn't seem to be a way to get the crown correct. Yes, here in AL we have crown in showers (sometimes). This house is getting a remodeled bath. 

Angled Shower Wall Filler.plan

5-7-18 can't get molding right.PNG

5-7-18 can't get molding right 2. .PNG

The problem is the crown in the shower. It sees the end of the wall and wants to turn 90 degrees.

You can use a Room Molding Polyline in the shower and edit it so it's correct.

eric 2 shows this method.

eric 1 shows a single Room Molding Polyline extended into both rooms.

I also cleaned up the solid shape just a bit and relocated the invisible walls to the intersection of the 2 walls.

Downloads.zip

Thanks, Again, Eric.

It looks like 2 separate molding lines are needed: 1 for the Base and 1 for the crown. I futzed with the little p-solid earlier and noticed that the invisible wall lines will actually move about a 32nd if you have to pull back an Interior 4 and then bring it forward again. Like you, I had to move the invisible walls several times while trying to align the p-solid. So much for a quick work-around by saving to the Library.