chiefuserjohna

3 minutes ago, chiefuserjohna said:

My dear old friend and architect Bill Scudder, who passed a few years ago.  This was his last design I'm building. He and I worked together using chief 10 for years, but I can't run 10 anymore since we switched from antiquated pc hardware to Mac. 

Okay.  Here you go...

salmon town_bldg2.2.14. after good flip.plan

Wow- thanks so much for your help!!! Let me know if you're interested in doing chief work. My old architect Bill passed, then my buddy Jim Lawes (who did the complicated Chief drafting work Bill didn't want to tackle since he had Parkinson's) died from cancer.  Unless you would be concerned there might be some cause and effect doing Chief work for me haha... 

7 minutes ago, chiefuserjohna said:

Wow- thanks so much for your help!!! Let me know if you're interested in doing chief work. My old architect Bill passed, then my buddy Jim Lawes (who did the complicated Chief drafting work Bill didn't want to tackle since he had Parkinson's) died from cancer.  Unless you would be concerned there might be some cause and effect doing Chief work for me haha... 

You're welcome.  And I'm always open to taking on a little Chief related work as time permits.  I'm typically too busy to take on any large scale projects due to the fact I stay pretty busy with our own in-house stuff, but I do a good handful of side projects for people such as custom symbols, custom macros, custom fonts, custom hatch patterns, custom tutorial videos, and a number of other small but complicated modeling and drafting type things.   Anyway, please feel free to shoot me an email if you ever need help and we can take it from there.  My email address is alaskansons@gmail.com

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kbuilddesign
    Newest Member
    kbuilddesign

• By Ange822
      I am drawing a cross section using 2D CAD lines (to get more detail than the automatic cross section Chief creates).
      I am having issues finding a Batt Insulation Pattern to use.

I am using Chief X9

- Chief Architect has a Block under "CAD Blocks / Detail Components / Insulation / Batt / 5.5" R-21", but unfortunately it is only 12" x 5 1/2" of size, so if I want a smaller or bigger section, it stretches the block and the proportions change. 
      - I found a free .PAT file online (attached), but It needs to be in a specific location to work, the minute I move the polyline with that pattern in it, the pattern moves with it.

I have tried to illustrate this in the attached screen shot. 
      Please let me now if anyone has any recommendations / solutions to this issue.

thanks,
      Angela 

H1INSUN1.pat
    • By Renerabbitt
      Open to new work. I've been working remotely for clients for years and can easily navigate the issues that present themselves from remote work. I have plenty of references and videos demonstrating my various services. The following images are snippets from my site at www.RabbittDesign.net

I offer training-while-drafting services in Chief Architect as well as training in Sketchup, Thea Render, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Procreate.
      I tend to cater to experienced designers and drafters in Chief Architect, many of which benefit from and are quite pleased with anno/layer sets, library items, toolbars, and a more cohesive folder structure and .plan and .layout files. 
      A few hours of my service may cut hours off of every project you have going forward.
      Feel free to check out my YouTube channel dedicated to all things drafting, designing, modeling and rendering in my signature below.
      Take a look at some of my recent design work in the Gallery
      Also, take a look at the extensive Free Content Thread and continued free content YouTube Series:

• By brmurphy
      I have Home Designer Suite 2019 and would like to find someone to draw my entire house in the software. I would mail a copy of the original paper house plans and then would like the house professionally drawn in the software so that I can go in and edit and make changes over time. 
    • By DCB123
      I work in Chief Architect X10 drafting support at an reasonable hourly rate, or by the job at a sq ftg price for bigger jobs.
      I have well over (10) years of Chief and architectural design experience.
      Samples of my work are on my website www.dcbcaddesigns.com,
      or on Facebook at dcb1234.

Please feel free to IM me, or better yet, give me a call, to see how we can
      illuminate your next project for you. I am on Eastern Time zone here in SW Florida.
      I look forward to hearing from you!
      Thx,

Douglas Burgmann
      Accurate As-builts & Design
      (970)987-4476 cell
      email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      web: www.dcbcaddesigns.com
      FB: dcb1234
       DCB Designs_Resume-(08-10-17) - FL.docxCity Reference Letter Burgmann.pdfPattillo Recomendation Letter0001.pdfDCB Designs_Resume-(12-12-16) - FL.docx