rosiebeauginger

Roof Trouble Shooting

I would like assistance trouble shooting a couple spots on my roof.  

1. South west corner of dining room the frieze is not connecting.

2. South (attic?) wall of front porch not generating correctly. 

3. South parapet wall of RV garage not displaying full soffit/molding.  

Plan is in the zip file. I would greatly appreciate any input. Thank you.

Hound_112_Zip.zip

Roof Issue 1.JPG

Roof Issue 2.JPG

Roof Issue 3.JPG

The roof you have is not workable. 

Here you have a roof plane sloping down to a wall. Water needs a way flow away from the wall. The missing wall at the entry is the same, as are the two planes that come together on the other side of the entry.

Roof Issue 3.JPG

1. South west corner of dining room the frieze is not connecting.

Don't know.

2. South (attic?) wall of front porch not generating correctly. 

You can pull the roof plane back -- now it's over the wall, and the wall will generate.

3. South parapet wall of RV garage not displaying full soffit/molding.  

Delete the soffits and use a molding polyline.

Yes, I agree with your observations on roof layout. However, it's not my design so I'm doing my best to render as given.  #2 and 3 , fix worked just fine. Frieze on #1 still driving me crazy. Thanks for the help. 

Try using a shadow board instead of a frieze. Not perfect, but maybe better.

ct1.thumb.jpg.efa1c92c851d5cd52f658809261af895.jpg

I would at least add the required cricket at the dead valley so the owner or builder can see what will be needed.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dan_heidel
    Newest Member
    dan_heidel

• By wnschoen
      Anyone have a solution for this condition?  Creating custom 3D Moldings (like for a frieze board) - - the transition from a gable (angled) end to an eave ('flat') piece.. If you use two moldings the gable overhangs too far (runs past the eave).  If you have one molding and turn the corner/change the angle, the profiles don't match up. 

I know you can do a solid to make it work, but that is a bit of a pain and makes the plan file bigger fast.

Thanks.
      3D Molding.plan
      3D.pdf
    • By djhplanning
      I don't want this frieze trim on the house wall.  Anyone know how to keep this frieze molding from automatically rebuilding?  I keep deleting manually it but it keeps showing up.  I've tried deleting it, unchecking the "frieze molding on selected edge", I have auto rebuild roofs off in the roof dialog setup, auto rebuild roofs is off in defaults.  What am I missing?

• By amddrafting
      I'm working on a file that I received from a builder and I can not figure why the frieze texture pattern is displayed differently from eaves to gables.  This usually doesn't happen on my default files.  I'm wondering if maybe there is a setting that I'm not aware of that is causing this that he has set in this file.

Anyone know why this is happening like this?

• By mdarch47
      I am having some trouble with a seemingly simple issue.  Not getting frieze boards to show up consistently..mostly on gable ends.  I am sure it is a simple fix but have not been able to pin it down.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  See attached plan file done in X6/64bit.

Thanks,
      Michael Dolce AIA Architect