Designer100

Doub;e roof pitch issues

KingsCastleDr.plan

I would appreciate any suggestions on this double pitch remodeling addition. The lower roof pictch is not showing up overhang on this remodeling on exsiting garage. 3.5 pitch lower and 12:12 pitch on upper ptich. I am continuing the lower pitch of roof across the shop but keeping the 12:12 same across the shop roof. Attached pictures of existing.

Thanks 

for any assistance.

Newell Cheatheam

x9 windows 10

newell@newellcheatheam.com 

KingsCastleDr.plan

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dan_heidel
    Newest Member
    dan_heidel

• By 9atatimer
      I'm using X11 premier on a mac -- I have an exterior garage wall (with a centered garage door) and a gable end -- I'd like to split the attic wall of the gable end into 3 parts -- the central region above the garage door, and the left and right, to have a different material above the garage door.

I have Default Settings > Roof > Auto Rebuild Roof set to Off
      I have Default Settings > Framing > Automatically Build Floor and Ceiling Framing Off on all framing types.
      I have Default Settings > Walls > General Walls > Auto Rebuild Attic Walls set to Off

If I delete the roof and ceiling planes with Build > Roof > Delete [X] and then use the Build > Roof > Build Roof ... dialog to rebuild the roof and attic from scratch -- I leave the Auto Rebuild Roofs set to Off, to be clear -- and then edit the resulting gable roof on the attic layer, I can split it twice to produce the three separate wall sections, but once I change the exterior material on any of the sections, the three wall segments get replaced with a single wall again.  The new wall has my selected material, but that does me no good as I need the distinct secgments.

Anyone know what setting do I need to turn off to maintain the manually edited gable end?  Or is this a mac bug?

Or, barring that, does anyone know what approach will let me give the desired finish detail (attached a pic of a freehand elevation)?

• By blueriver
      I'm using Chief Architect Premier X11

I have all these little 'X's can someone please tell me how to get rid of them?  I've been really playing around with the roof and i THINK they are from that but at the same time i have a couple random ones outside where the roof is -- i cannot get them to go away. Help!

thanks in advance
      Lauren

• By chief69
      Hello, We are having a hard time getting  the design program to do the roof right. We have tried with Sketchup and it got the closest. It's hard to describe I have attached a few pics with a decent idea of what we are trying to do.

The Garage is a shed roof as well as the breeze way, but they are at different angles. The house is a butterfly style with the V running at a angle. WE do not care what the pitch ends up being on any of the roofs.

Anyone know how to do this. I have been trying for hours and the program goes crazy every time. Esp with the all 3 roofs at different angles with each other. I have attached a copy of the plan we made and some pics from sketchup because that program got the closest to what we are trying to do.

Thanks

Chris
      New house v1.plan

• By MN_JohnH
      I wonder why my second floor loft flooring is sticking through the roof and can be seen on the outside of the building?

• By mprovost129
      Hi all. I'm fairly new to the software and have only been using it since October. I have a client who wants a wood framed chimney extruding from the middle of the roof up from the gas fireplace. I've tried a bunch of different options to make this work but can't figure it out. Can someone please tell me how to draw walls on top of the roof?

Thank you!