JDLdesign

Arched Soffit in Interiors

We are trying to add a soffit to a barrel vaulted ceiling and the soffit tool is going straight across and not following the ceiling line and arching.  Any thoughts?  We are using interiors and not premier so we don't seem to have a arch roof beam tool.  

Thanks!

Soffits don't curve.

Do you have an image you could post showing what you want to model?

Do you have the polyline solid tool?

How accurate to you want to be? I see a molding detail running along the inside lip of the arch.

As accurate as possible I guess, but it's ok if we just get the soffits in there without the intricate detail.

Extruded P solid.  Adding the dentil trim would be a little harder.

Untitled 1.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Resolvetheissue
    Newest Member
    Resolvetheissue

• By 1090291004350551
      Hello everyone,
      In my current project, a client asks for a groin vault, something like that. 
      I've looked through the forum but I can't find anything about this.

How is it possible to do with Chief? 
       I would be very grateful for a video.

Thanks in advance 

• By StaceyRamsey1
      Hi.
      I have a problem that I am hoping to get some feedback on Re: soffits. I believe to be a X11 issue.  In my plan, i created open rafters first on attic level with no finished ceiling, the soffits would "glow" with emission. I am a part of Chief Tutor.com so I sent .plan to him to get feedback.  He took the file, put the soffit rafters on the first level and it fixed the problem on his computer.  However, when i did what he instructed on my own software, the soffits would still glow in physically based render with "improve lighting quality" checked, and they are downright black when the improve lighting is not checked.  He informed me it was  likely an X11 issue because he was able to resolve in the newest version.  Is there a work around I can do for this?   I am contracted out through a small construction company and they may not be upgrading to new version; So a work around would be ideal.  Thank you.  See attached files for images of problem.

• By ChristinoDesign
      We're trying to figure out how to change the angle of pendent lights on vaulted ceilings. When we create the ceiling angle, the lights follow and aren't angled properly. How do we change the lights so they go vertical rather than at a tilt?
    • By SNestor
      OK...I've been messing around with the "Tray Ceiling" tool in X12.  Cannot for the life of me figure out how to create a "nested" tray ceiling.  In the help file it shows to unique icons...one for a "tray"...and one for a "nested tray".  I cannot find where this "nested" tray menu or icon exists.  

Is the nested ceiling shown below in Example B possible with the Nested Tray Ceiling tool?  Thanks!