Missing items in X10 Preferences and Components dbx

ambrozac

4 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Mick,
I understand that the dialogs are different this was on purpose. What I am asking for is what and how were you using this in X9 that you can no longer do in X9?
This will help us determine what if anything we need to do to resolve any lost function.

Thanks

I see.  It was done on purpose, so my situation no longer matters.  Being the Materials List is not used by many people, the last sentence above tells me everything I need to know.  Thanks once again and sorry for the trouble.  You've answered my original question.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this is related or not.

I use a lot of the same windows (Andersen or Pella), so in Version X9, I created a library of windows of standard sizes (ie. Andersen TW3046) I include the glass and vent areas of each window, so I created a new sub category in the components called GLASS AREA and VENT AREA with the area sizes for that specific window in the description. (Pic #1) By doing this I can choose that specific window with the preset rough opening, egress, and glass size and vent area and it automatically puts it in my schedule. (Pic #2)

5ac3abad76498_Pic1WindowComponents.thumb.png.08eb49fa7c0e46c34d354c1dfd9297f1.png5ac3ababab9c2_Pic2WindowSchedule.thumb.png.509a39d3541382ad484cf781d1460334.png

Now in Version x10 they added the custom fields under the window specification dialog which is helpful, but it doesn't show my values from the description. Is there a text macro I can use to make it show up in my schedules of all the windows I have created in my library? Or do I have to redo my library items with the values manually inserted into the window specification dialog?

5ac3aba977149_Pic3WindowSpecificationx10.thumb.png.ed694ad9d258e81a22f644e9d21a6b22.png

One other observation, when I pull in an X9 finished drawing, the schedule shows the glass and vent values correctly and even in the window specification dialog. Adding a new window (exactly the same) from the library doesn't show the glass and vent values in either the schedule or dialog.