Good day,

I am fairly proficient with the program and sometimes have the weirdest wall issues. I cannot get rid if this hole in the wall, and for some reason I cannot manually edit these walls to make the hole go away. Any tips would be appreciated.

Hole in Wall.jpg

Hole in Wall 2.jpg

Bateson,_John_-_2018_-_Garage_Option_05.plan

Put an exterior wall there, and mark it Roof Cuts Wall at Bottom.

Or, if you want a wall in the lower area too, use the Lower Wall Type When Split By Butting Roof setting.

24 minutes ago, solver said:

Put an exterior wall there, and mark it Roof Cuts Wall at Bottom.

Or, if you want a wall in the lower area too, use the Lower Wall Type When Split By Butting Roof setting.

I have a feeling you did not try your solution.  If you asked me,  this plan is a bit of a mess,  yet interesting.

1.   He adjusted many of his wall heights manually,  not a good idea unless you know what  you are doing

2.   the wall is not there because his stairs are on top of wall

3.   I think he is missing a staircase from the garage to the next level up.......  

This is a relatively complicated model.

5 minutes ago, dshall said:

I have a feeling you did not try your solution.

You are correct.

I'll download and see for myself.

Only looked at the hole in wall problem. As Scott said, stairs need to be changed so they don't block the wall. 

Pull the two roof planes back from the wall, then set Roof Cuts Wall At Bottom. Move the roof planes back and they should snap into position.

Also deleted several invisible walls under and around the stair making that space one room.

ct1.thumb.jpg.662a4065a1342b72d3164206d6919eb7.jpgct2.thumb.jpg.0bf8d2fc129eaba277c0c43d1acd6621.jpg

Bateson,_John_-_2018_-_Garage_Option_05 (eric).zip

• Upvote 1

Thanks Scott. 

And ChiefQ, I forgot to say I also changed the default exterior wall definition to have the correct siding so the wall in question would be gray and not blue.