I'm a new CA user and I'm attempting to draw plans for an addition. I have an exterior stucco wall with two windows and a door. After the remodel, this exterior wall will become and interior wall, and the windows and door will be removed. In this new INTERIOR wall there will be a new 6' opening that will occupy the same space as one of the previous windows and door.

The problem I'm having is creating a drawing for the building department that shows both floor plan layouts, with both the new and existing floor plans. As soon as I update the window type, or the window/door space, it changes all the drawings that I've created.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Basically.....

1. Save your As built drawing as "plan-name_As-Built"   
  2. immediately re-save it as "plan-name_Proposed_1"        
  3. now Draw up then Addition / Reno Changes on this plan......
  4. Once done click "Send to layout" , say yes to creating a layout if needed ... it will be named as plan-name_Proposed_1.layout   automatically 
  5.  Send the Plan view to whichever page in your layout you use for Proposed Drawings eg page 10 , while in the Layout move to the page you want the As-Built Plan on eg. page 5  so when we send the next page it will automatically pick that page next , in this case page 5.
  6. Now Re-Open the As-Built Plan (Recent Files List) , and again choose send to layout . Because the Proposed Layout is already Open, and only one Layout can be open at a time the As-Built Drawing will use it too without asking, the DBX should have Page 5 from above already selected , so just click OK .    

M.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    AbbieJoan
    Newest Member
    AbbieJoan

• By Makerer
      I changed the defaults for the Glass Pony Wall and I would now like to change them back to their original defaults, but I don't recall the original settings. Is there an easy way to do this?
    • By ChiefRosieRue
      I'm a relatively new user and am working my way through the Bachelor View project after the Chic Cottage project disappeared. I'm at video 6, "Creating Rooms and Defining the Ceilings" but I noticed something funky going on with some of my walls from the foundation/basement showing up on the first floor. I'm sure part of the issue is that some of my wall heights/foundation/stem walls are off, but the videos don't show what my defaults should be set to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
      Thank you! 

• By KarenMM
      Working on a new house plan, using CAPx12. Haven't had this problem since I started and of course it would happen on a deadline.
      My exterior wall is shown with house wrap in perspective view. That's it. No siding, even though that's the default. It's connecting walls show correctly with siding. I've deleted it, redrawn it, moved it and I'm at a loss. I've checked it's properties and it reads correctly. I can't figure out what I'm missing. Anyone have any suggestions for me? 
      Thank you!
      Karen MM
      CAPx12
      Windows 10 Pro
      HP Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz   1.80 GHz
      8.00 GB (7.81 GB usable)
      Winchester VA 

• By Jackstacey
      I'm having issues getting two joining external walls to have different materials and meet on the external corner ( pebble dash and brick) . I've checked my intersections and their mitered correctly and if i select ' through end/start' in structural for the wall it just shifts the issue to the adjoining wall. Please help? 
    • By ChiefDIYKDZ
      Hello,  I purchased the Chief Architect software with the thought of designing a garage addition onto my home.   The addition would be a garage on the first level and then a small living area on the second story.  I'm planning to do the second story as a a form of cape cod with dormers since I don't want the garage to overpower my existing home.  The overpowering appearance has been challenging since the new garage has two stalls, one of which requires a 10 foot tall garage door. 

I've got the existing home and new garage roughed-in using Home Designer Pro, but I need some help developing the second story floor plan, roof lines, and construction plans.

Let me know if you are interested in reviewing what I have and possibly taking on this task.  I look forward to your reply.  Thanks!

Kurt