j2narchitecture

Double Lines When Creating Cad Detail from Section View

Hi.  Whenever I create a "cad detail from view" from a cross-section, I end up with double lines in the cad detail from view drawing.  When I go to erase a line in the drawing, there is another line underneath so I have to erase the same line twice to eliminate it.  Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to correct it?  Any input is most appreciated.   I am using the current build of X9 and running it on my iMac.  Thank you kindly.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bren0625
    Newest Member
    Bren0625

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Here I am trying to cut section of a deck. (Image attached). Unfortunately garage wall is in line with the deck edge. (plan view image attached) which I don't want to see in my section view. Is there a way I can hide or clip what I want to see? Garage wall is hiding the stair behind.
      del1-219003.pdf
      del-219003.pdf
    • By breannahharmon
      Does anyone know, if you can take the automatic cross-section. From DBL click on your room, on the right side of your screen and save it to your plan?
      I have attached an image below. I have tried snipping or print screen, but I'm looking for a chief alternative. I want to be able to take this as a cad detail section and have it to scale in my plan.

• By Sweeney
      Hi All, 

Not necessarily a software related question, more of a detail question. I am designing a pool house with a large roof overhang. The client would like to expose the steel I-beams being used to support the rafters. Wondering if any of you have details you are willing to share of I-beam to rafter connections? How to properly flash wall above steel? Run the SPF top plate thru and bolt to the beam? Anything is appreciated.

Cheers,

Austin 

• By gdesignbuild
      I am just working on a masonry garage design, and have been held up trying to figure out some details. One is for steel lintels that I am putting over the openings. The closest thing that you can use as a header type is a steel-box but I will be using steel angle. The header column shows the dimensions including the length of your lintel but only gives 1.5" on each side of the opening. Is anyone familiar with a way that I can change this to more? Otherwise, I will just remove that column and leave a note in the comments.

Second issue: When you pull your cross sections from a CMU building, it shows your trusses sitting right on the block. For now I have manually drawn my plate in with an anchor but I was curious if there is a way to do this as well?
    • By Summers
      If I copy a detail and paste it on a different page, then modify the detail, X9 continues to update the original detail with my changes (as well as the copied detail).
      If I open a detail from one page, send it to another page, then modify the detail, the result is the same--X9 still modifies my original detail--which I want to stay the same.
      How do I copy a detail from one page to another (for the purpose of modifying the detail) in a manner that breaks the connection to the original detail?