Curved Stairs: Easy Way To Achieve?

Rosco2017

A builder I'm working with sent me a pic of the stairs in his personal home and asked me to put the same set of stairs into his new spec. I've been working with Chief for many many MANY years and the stairs tool has always kicked my a**. They never do what I want them to do. I usually just draw them in with cad lines. He wants these modeled in Chief in 3D. I'm assuming this set of stairs can be modeled in Chief using a combination of curved stairs and winders?? Anyone know of an easy way to model these stairs? Would anyone be willing to do an educational video on this so other people down the road will have something to look back on if they find themselves in a similar situation?

22471913_10155338930464145_15373523_o.jpg

I only have time for a quick response with a down and dirty example.  Create a straight stair with winder box checked.  Grab the upper end of the stair and hold down the ALT key.  Drag it to the desired arc.  It will give you what you want.  My version took about 2 minutes.  The time will be spent getting to be right for the walls you want.

Capture.JPG

Thanks to all who responded so far. Javatom, you were right. I'm fussing around with these walls trying not to encroach into the study too much but it's not working in my favor. Lol. Eric. That cad line idea is extremely helpful. Thank you. Thank you for also attaching the plan you created yours in. It really helped. As soon as I figure out these walls, I'll post something a little later. You guys are awesome!