Sign in to follow this  
Arkad7

Level Designation (1,2,3...)

I designed a multi level home with sleeping area simply having elevated floors, but drawn as the same level. Is there any way to split my design, and designate the living area level one, and the sleeping are level 2?

1 hour ago, Arkad7 said:

I designed a multi level home with sleeping area simply having elevated floors, but drawn as the same level. Is there any way to split my design, and designate the living area level one, and the sleeping are level 2?

I think what you are asking is after you have your rooms made and different elevation data can you then make them into specific stories/floors...?  You can't do that the way it sounds like you are asking thru simple designation.  However, you can copy walls that form rooms and then paste in place on new floors.  You'll get to roughly the same place but you will need to readjust your elevation data.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Reboreb
    Newest Member
    Reboreb

• By BuildingVision
      I'm sure this is simple, but I can't figure it out.  I'm new to Chief Architect...

How do I get the callout labels to be smaller, like 1/2 the size they are showing on the image I have attached?  I am referring to the appliance and cabinet callouts.  I can't figure out where those text sizes are controlled. 

I appreciate all the help!

• By AndrewCass88
      Hello I'm having an issue w/ my elevation. How do you get it to update automatically what layout page it is on?

• By Ravenquills
      Hi everyone:

I am having an issue with a split level. I am using Chief X11.
      The plan i posted does not have foundations since when i add those things get really weird and I think I need to sort out the issue with the levels first or the foundation will never build right. I have a room that is going to be garage however no matter how i define it the door from that room into the main house is above the level of the ceiling. see attached photo. I have also attached the plan. The exterior walls are a sip wall customized according to the manufactures specifications with a layer for the furred interior walls. The total thickness on those walls is 10 5/8" The interior wall is a customized interior wall that is load bearing for use in certain areas of the design.

6242019 RFH (Shell2).plan

• By AE_Drafting
      I use a fixture schedule with labels to call out the specifics of each fixture. Something that would be really useful is if I could get a "New" or "Existing" included into the label that is referenced in the schedule. So the label would read something like, "New A11". I have been trying to use "%comment% A" in the Label Prefix under Label Text in the Label settings for the schedule (where my comment says "New" or "Existing"), but it is not recognizing the macro. 

My main goal is to have the "New" or "Existing" show up as part of the label on the plans rather than just in the schedule as it is a pain for the building departments and contractors to reference the schedule a billion times to figure out what is changing. 

See screenshots below for further clarification.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• By Doug_N
      OK so I have wrestled with this house for waaaaaayyy too long.  Still, the room over the room is fighting me.  I think I am getting close.  

This is an as-built design, with a new flat roof over a storage space in the garage to give the client stand up space in the storage room.

The house is complex and I have not even begun to work on the basement which has two floors.  One of the floors contains a built-in swimming pool.  That should be fun.  There is a basement level under the garage as well.  

The storage room over the garage has a crawl space on the right side of the room when viewed from the front of the house.  I have included a couple of screenshots so that you can get an idea of where I am trying to go with this.

There are a few other problems that I am having with walls not stopping at intersections on interior surfaces and exterior surfaces as well.
      Test building to get second story crawl space.plan