Building Plan Sequences

Jeanette

Please Please Help!

I have just started learning CA pretty much the day I started interning 3 weeks ago.

I have retrace the plan. Have all the different wall types.  I managed to create the As-Built and it s in the background of the default plan. Now I want to show what walls are to be demolished and new wall to be framed.  How Do I go about in doing this?

I want to be able to show on separate sheet what the as-built plan, a demo plan and proposed plan.  Am I working and creating all this one one layer set or should I be creating a layer for a Demo plan and Proposed plan.  If that is the case and I am on the Demo plan, if I removed a wall, it removes a wall permanently on the default plan.

Thank you for the time!

Jeanette

Darn it!  'm sorry. I have it posted in the wrong section.

I commonly make an as-built model then make a copy (save as the as-built) for showing before and after views. You can use the hatch wall tool for demo walls or just create custom walls for existing and new plus annotations on each plan view (before and after) to communicate the intended changes. I would not try to do all that in a single plan as it is problematic to do so. Two plans clearly communicate both instances quite well.

DJP

• Upvote 1