new layer

sunnyseven

I have a jpeg created from a photo of an old plan set that I imported to a plot plan in order to trace existing structures, trees, etc. onto some property lines.  The property boundary was drawn using the numeric data on the plan. I believe the jpeg went to the same layer as the lines I drew. How do I change the layer the jpeg is on in order to be able to erase it from the drawing, yet leave it available for use, after the pertinent information is recorded? I'm assuming I can just turn a separate layer on and off. 

Thanks, 

Tom

27 minutes ago, sunsen said:

I have a jpeg created from a photo of an old plan set that I imported to a plot plan in order to trace existing structures, trees, etc. onto some property lines.  The property boundary was drawn using the numeric data on the plan. I believe the jpeg went to the same layer as the lines I drew. How do I change the layer the jpeg is on in order to be able to erase it from the drawing, yet leave it available for use, after the pertinent information is recorded? I'm assuming I can just turn a separate layer on and off. 

Thanks, 

Tom

Hey Tom, 

Select the picture with your mouse, hit ctrl+E to open up the Picture File Box Specification. On the left side click the tab that says "line style." Then change the layer or create a new layer. You will be able to see the new layer in your Active Layer Display Options when you select the picture and then turn that layer off as needed.