Octane rendering

amaliya

Short answer: no.

Long answer: Octane's primary import format is OBJ, which Chief doesn't support. However, Chief will export the DAE and 3DS file formats that other software programs can import and then send to Octane via a plugin or direct export to the OBJ format. A quick review of Octane's FAQ will probably answer the rest of your questions.

I use Blender for the file conversions.  It does a nice job and it is free to use.

To add a bit more info to the post above,  3DS files work fine, but if you have very large files then you may run into limitations here.  This comes into play with very high surface counts such as custom stairs with complex geometry in things like spindles and railings.

DAE can handle larger files than 3DS can handle.  DAE also has possibilities for layers that 3DS does not.  Still a work in progress though for both Chief's export routine and Blenders new layer standards when that arrives.  This would make Blender an even more valuable asset to your tools set.  They do have a plug in for Octane that works inside Blender, but I have not used that myself.