D11-Design

Help with 3D import

Hi!

I have a problem importing the attached 3D model of the Bohemian chaise lounge from Moroso.

When it is displayed in the library browser, the parts of the chaise lounge are mixed, e.g. the foot is on the top of the chair.

Do you have any ideas why this occurs?

Is there a way to fix the file? Perhaps with a 3rd party CAD software? Is SU capable of such tasks? Can you recommend a software in which I can edit the 3D models themselves?

Many thanks,

Gabor

BH0036.3DS

looks like the model is corrupt or made wrong.  Where did you get it?  Was there a correct image as part of it?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    GeraldWalsh
    Newest Member
    GeraldWalsh

• By ChiefuserMathews
      how can I add custom notes to the library so that I can use in other layouts
    • By KTKArch
      (x11) When I open an object to fill (closed polyline etc) I have a standard list and the library option that takes me to Chief's library. It currently only shows that I have patterns of my own making in User Library. It also appears that I can no longer open 3rd party .pat files as I could in earlier versions. And finally, I cannot find a basic EARTH pattern in the defaults. So either I somehow purged some of the patterns or there isn't a default EARTH pattern. And how can I import my earlier .pat files? Not sure if this happened after installing x12 or if it is just this one file. Not using x11 but to finish out this project.
    • By ilastu
      I successfully imported the floor plan for a house from a dwg file, however I have not found a way to convert the roof drawing into 3D. Is there a way to do that? I am using the X11 version.
    • By WannabeDesign
      Working in Windows 10 on a surface pro laptop. All updates for Chief Architect Home Designer Architectural 2020 have been installed. 
      The library keeps freezing me out of my plan when I type a 2nd search in the search bar of the library browser. I can see the cursor out of the plan window but can't do anything but save and close the program to start again. This is very annoying having to start and close the program continuously. Are there any fixes for this?
    • By Scharp
      I can draw stairs and see them in 3d but cant see them in 2d!  Please help me