Sign in to follow this  
CLEdesignbuild

Help with curved roof and extended overhangs

Hello Everyone,

I am struggling with a garage roof that a client would like me to draw in a  2' over hang only on the overhead door side, but also have the fascia remain consistent around entire perimeter.  I also have a bump out gable that has a curved roof that extends off the left side of the gable end and client would like that entire gable lowered by 1 foot.  This is my first time posting in ChiefTalk so go easy on me.  I have attached a copy of the plan, if i can provide any additional info that could be of help please let me know.  Thanks in advance!

Samer_Revised.plan

9 minutes ago, CLEdesignbuild said:

draw in a  2' over hang only on the overhead door side, but also have the fascia remain consistent around entire perimeter.

Snap26.thumb.png.7d92e77feb245a019e4e11d721c1c6e2.png

Like this?

10 minutes ago, CLEdesignbuild said:

has a curved roof

I see no curved roof in your plan. Could you post an image showing the area?

haha sorry i accidentally attached the plan without the curved roof.  check this one out...  I tried doing the 2' overhang, i was just strugging with having fascias match up and didn't know if it was due to the split pitch?

Samer_Revised_2.plan

Like Eric says, just slide the roof plane over to give a 24" overhang, then clean up the roof intersections. Samer_Revised roof tweaks.plan

roof.thumb.PNG.1e38324135a4829e981a07f9ebcf73db.PNG

I also don't see a curved roof anywhere.

Thanks Eric & Robert.  Can you be more specific when you say "just slide roof plane over".  I tried grabbing the bottom of the roof plane but that drags it down and out.  Is there a way to actually just slide it out, then pull other roof planes over to it?

Select the roof plane. Use Transform/Replicate to move it -12 in the x plane.

Made a couple of changes in the circled areas. one on the left to change the pitch so the roof drains correctly, and on the right, just a suggestion to clean up the main roof.

Also, maybe a short wing wall at the front garage corner so visually the overhang reads the same from the front.

Snap27.thumb.png.94abe6955c061808a60b29eaece30274.png

Samer_Revised (eric 1).zip

Wow thats perfect thanks.  Did you happen to receive the plan with the curved wall?  Im can't seem how to lower the gable a foot and keep the round?

First, on the left roof plane of that gable, the front edge is not parallel with the wall.

I lowered the gable and curved part. Multiple ways to do this, but Transform/Replicate works. Select the 3 roof planes and move them down -12 in the Z plane.

Snap1.thumb.png.fbd03362efceb5304557e380791205fc.png

thanks thats exactly what i was trying to accomplish. Would it be to much if i asked you to help me make roof modifications on the curved roof plan?  I told the client i would have something to them this afternoon and I'm afraid i won't be able to make everything you told me work in time?  thanks so much

I made a few changes that you will need to undo. Lowered the entire garage roof 12". Just use Transform Replicate to move it up and rejoin the roof planes.

Snap1.thumb.png.cdb7d9533fd0d00309a69a51a0022875.png

Samer_Revised_2 (eric 1).zip