twoshed

No roof plane Truss Error - but there is a roof plane?

Recommended Posts

I can't place a truss under the right side roof.   A truss will draw under the left half.   As far as I can tell the building is symmetric and there is a roof and ceiling plane for both sides and there is enough distance between them for a 3 1/2" top chord, etc.  I have tried manually drawing the planes but am getting the same result.  This is also posted on the home designer forum.

 

59270bc523a9b_roofandceilinglines-roomfortruss.thumb.jpg.a1785356f246e621a51c10d16353a9f9.jpg         Elevation with everything turned off except for the roof and ceiling

 

Roofwithceilingplanemarkedinheavygreen.thumb.jpg.e1108fab98b890156946283ceef9bbcd.jpg   Wall framing and roof and ceiling

 

floor_plan_JPG.thumb.jpg.68f2869a4eb27669d9e71266aad8fc38.jpg        Plan view showing bolded lines for the two roof planes and the three sloped ceiling planes.  Middle sloped ceiling plane has a pitch of 0 - maybe not needed if room ceiling height is set higher after it is built?

 

Plan file lake_shed2_93a.plan

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, twoshed said:

I can't place a truss under the right side roof.   A truss will draw under the left half.   As far as I can tell the building is symmetric and there is a roof and ceiling plane for both sides and there is enough distance between them for a 3 1/2" top chord, etc.  I have tried manually drawing the planes but am getting the same result.  This is also posted on the home designer forum.

 

59270bc523a9b_roofandceilinglines-roomfortruss.thumb.jpg.a1785356f246e621a51c10d16353a9f9.jpg         Elevation with everything turned off except for the roof and ceiling

 

Roofwithceilingplanemarkedinheavygreen.thumb.jpg.e1108fab98b890156946283ceef9bbcd.jpg   Wall framing and roof and ceiling

 

floor_plan_JPG.thumb.jpg.68f2869a4eb27669d9e71266aad8fc38.jpg        Plan view showing bolded lines for the two roof planes and the three sloped ceiling planes.  Middle sloped ceiling plane has a pitch of 0 - maybe not needed if room ceiling height is set higher after it is built?

 

Plan file lake_shed2_93a.plan

 

 

 

 

You must have a ceiling to build a truss.  You do not have a ceiling in the room.

 

5927276fc58b9_ScreenShot2017-05-25at11_49_42AM.thumb.png.74919ae4011cb18a30dd5de78bf1305e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bad...  you did have a ceiling plane.

 

So I went ahead and drew the trusses,  no problems

59272855431d7_ScreenShot2017-05-25at11_53_09AM.thumb.png.97decfcc88428f9792aff7c04a514237.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott,

 

Thanks for the reply.   I had ceiling checked and still had this problem.   I lowered the ceiling back to 93" from 105" and unchecked ceiling as kind of a last resort this morning.  I figured that since I had drawn sloped ceiling planes then that might be sufficient for the truss to build.  Since you have opened the plan you can see that you can draw a truss on the left side whether it is checked or not.   It was checked when the room was built.

 

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic - did not see your reply when I sent my last reply.  What version of SW did you open the plan with?   Maybe there is an issue with Home Designer Pro 2016?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dshall said:

My bad...  you did have a ceiling plane.

 

So I went ahead and drew the trusses,  no problems

59272855431d7_ScreenShot2017-05-25at11_53_09AM.thumb.png.97decfcc88428f9792aff7c04a514237.png

I doesn't seem to work for my HD Pro 2016 software.  Any chance you could post the plan after you fixed it?   My stamped drawing does not have a kingpost other than that it looks perfect.   Actually I probably wouldn't be able to open your file anyway.  Did you change anything else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I changed nothing,  I am using X-9,  I  doubt you could open plan if I posted it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dshall said:

I changed nothing,  I am using X-9,  I  doubt you could open plan if I posted it.

Thanks again.  In your opinion is this a bug or a limitation?  I could upgrade but I would want to know that it would work.   I know I probably need to take this up with CA but I was just wondering what you thought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27469
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    THDesign
    Newest Member
    THDesign
    Joined