Hello from across the Pond

TalieMole

Hi, I am based in the UK and work as an interior designer.  I have been using Home Designer for 2 years now and am getting there.  I was wondering if there were any Brits working on this American software - Sometimes I do struggle with finding certain items as you say "drapes" we say "curtains" etc....

Many thanks

Talie

7 hours ago, solver said:

We do have users from your part of the world, mostly complaining about how your typical construction differs from ours, and how the software won't allow them to create an accurate model. 

We don't spend all our time complaining even though a few changes would make our lives so much easier ;)

I've used Chief and Home Designer before that to model several existing homes and interiors are certainly less affected by those construction limitations.  The main challenge is so much library content is sized differently or lacking European items but at least they can be created/modified as required.  There are also just a few places where metric units haven't been implemented fully or correctly but nothing major.