I'm trying to run a .rb file that's on my local in CA by using a marco. Right now I can only get it to read the file. Does anyone have any insight on how I might be able to to this or where I need to look?
Macro: In CA
File.read("C:/Users - Desktop/scope1.rb")
Output: from text stored on a local drive
rafter_length = (length.to_f.round / 12) + 1
convert_to_int = rafter_length.even?
when convert_to_int == true
resut = rafter_length
when convert_to_int == false
result = rafter_length +1
Do you have 10+ years in the software and wonder if you've been missing some tips and tricks? Have you been able to break the 15 hour condoc set?
Maybe you are a proficient user that wants to know everything that there is to know in Chief.
Rendering, Automation, Resources, Symbols, Quick Tools, Style Pallets, PDF Tools, Templates, and more.
We believe in lifting the community up. All of our tools and resources are available to you. With training that can be personal, team oriented, prerecorded, livestreamed, interactive. We offer training in over 15 softwares from Drafting and Detailing to Modeling, Advanced Texturing, Procedural Workflows, Node Based Design, Macro Creations, DAMs, Automation, VR Workflows, Streaming Overlays and Masks and much much more. Tell us your needs and we will connect you with the package or the right resource.
Some example learning modules:
Concentric Jump your dimension strings
Enter-input your jumps and Enter-close your DBX's
Snap jump your door widths, concentric jump your windows
Alt behavior tips, contain-selection and deselection workflows with tool restrictions.
Tons of cabinet tools and tips, including custom one-off parametrically modelled vanities and more.
Custom Toolbar Icons and Custom Library Objects.
Toolbar Switching Tricks and Library workflows
Other Offer Services Posts:
Renderings, and rendering training. Click on the links in signature for more info.
This rendering was rendered using Chief Architect Premier X-13 with no post-production.
More renderings in my user gallery or click on the links in the signature. How can I help you?
Other Offer Services Posts:
We're hiring for a Full-Time Architectural position for residential remodeling & new construction using Chief Architect in Downton Chicago & surrounding Chicagoland Suburbs. It's still difficult to find people with Chief Architect experience; so I thought this forum may be a good place to look. See job posting link below:
Salary $50,000 - $70,000 a year Job Type Full-time Full Job Description
Looking for immediate architectural assistance with drafting architectural plans for obtaining building permits on primarily residential remodeling and new-construction projects throughout the City of Chicago and surrounding Chicagoland.
Drawings will be developed using the Chief Architect Software.
Job Duties will include:
- Taking field measurements and photographs of existing conditions
- Drafting & development of existing, demolition, and proposed floor plans using Chief Architect
- Drafting & Development of Exterior and Interior Elevations
- Basic level drafting and design for Structural and MEP Systems
- Updating drawings from redlines provided by Lead Architect's Review
Requirements for Qualified Candidates:
- Verifiable Experience using the Chief Architect software & ability to provide samples of work using the program.
- 2+ years experience with residential remodeling/construction in a professional setting.
- Ability to visit project sites in-person to perform field measures for existing conditions.
- General knowledge/understanding of local building codes
- Organized, reliable, detail orientated, and good communication skills
- Ability to commit to deadlines
Preferred Attributes for Candidates:
- Experience using the Chief Architect software in a professional setting.
- Completed college degree in Architecture
- Completion of formal Chief Architect training program
This position provides a flexible work environment allowing you to have flexible hours, the future potential to work remotely (with the exception of site visits) and also has a lot of room for potential growth within the company!
This position will qualify to provide AXP hours to be used towards Licensing through the NCARB program.
Please provide a copy of your resume, contact phone number, email address, and samples of work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
401(k) Flexible schedule Paid time off
Bonus pay Commission pay
Residential Architecture: 2+ years Chief Architect: 1+ year (Preferred)
Please email: email@example.com with your resume and work samples if you are interested in the position.