Can't Get Roof Plane To Join On As Builts

BrianMcP

I have a mostly gable side to side roof, but the front of the house has a small bump out on one side that has a hip roof extension (not sure if that's exactly what it's called, but what it looks like to me). This is my first plan so I'm just getting to learning all the features. I have the roof drawn as I want, but the far left side isn't matching up to the other pieces as there's a slight gap. Any help in fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

Plans and pic attached. Thanks!

Brian

3106Glebe06142014 fixed.plan

post-1657-0-90498800-1402862565_thumb.jpg

Here are two pics you should look at, in the first pic you have an unneeded roof plane.post-58-0-85170600-1402883765_thumb.jpg In the second pic, you'll notice I highlighted a green line. That's the roof baseline. You'll most likely want that to be drawn on top of the wall.post-58-0-41329400-1402883994_thumb.jpg If I've said anything that is wrong or doesn't make any sense, please chime in here. Thanks!

Awesome, thanks guys!! I'll have to check these out a little closer to see where I went wrong. I did the extra roof plane on the left side because when I was drawing the main front half of the roof it kept going into the bump out wall. But I couldn't get it to quite line up even though it looked very close so obviously the software wasn't fooled. I'll mess with it again and try to replicate what you did. Thanks again for the tips!

Brian

Have you watched any of the videos on CA's website or YouTube? http://video.chiefarchitect.com/player/player.php?id=564&th=1&autoplay= Try this one, it gives you an idea as to how you normally draw rood planes in CA. I'm currently off work for a few days due to a sick family member and my significant other insisted I took the time off, so if you have ANY questions about your plan what so ever, feel free to shoot me an email at anytime. I was curious about your basement... if you're having trouble with that too, feel free to email me. rosco_2017@hotmail.com