Home Designer HELP!

DavidJPotter

• 2 months later...

Hi - 

Saw your response on the Forum for support for Chief Architect.  I’m looking for help/service to import my final design document from the Architect and put into Home Design Architecture 2017/18 (or even Cheif Architect - I could buy for this project).  Will pay for time.  Interested to help and how soon to get it done..?

Thanks!
Gary

Converting a .dwg file to .dxf (which HD Architectural can import) is easy and quick to do. All I need is a copy of your existing .dwg file from your Architect. Impossible to do within Architectural, easy to do in Chief Architect Premier. Communicate to me if you like.

DJP

David,

So I have the DXF files from my Architect but Home Designer Architect doesn't allow me to import anything.  Is this something that can be converted in a file from the DXF export that HD Architectural will be able to open..?  I've just spend the last 4+ hours trying to lay out the just the 1st floor. :(

Thanks!
Gary

I checked and Home Designer Pro is the only current Home Designer title that still has the ability to import .dxf files. Architectural used to have this ability several versions ago but they (Home Designer) has removed that ability in present versions. I can easily do this for you using Pro or Chief and then return the .plan file to you for you to develop a 3D model from the imported 2D file. I do not work for Chief Architect Inc so I do not know why they removed that specific ability but in fact they have done so.

DJP