TGIVaughn

Missing Win64.msi

Win64.msi cannot be found to backup according to upgrade directions .... only the Win32.msi file, both 64 & 32 bit versions are installed (latter installed last)

Capture.JPG

It may have to do with having to install 32-bit after the 64-bit in order to upload sketchup 3Ds to library

w/o being warned the 64msi might be wiped out?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    alexvictory
    Newest Member
    alexvictory

• By LCrosno
      Does anyone currently own a Razer Blade 15 or 17, or any of the higher powered MSI laptops that are marketed specifically for 3D renderings/CAD? I am looking to upgrade my ASUS, and these two options seem to be the front runners. I use Chief Premier X10, and am really looking for something that I can have smooth renderings in, do walk-throughs easily, and save a few files to my computer instead of constantly having to save to an external storage source. 

My current laptop is nearing three years old, and it has been fine, but never as good as I wanted. I am willing to spend the money now to get what I really need. 
      (Current computer: ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH74 17-Inch Gaming Laptop, Discrete GPU GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB VRAM, 16GB DDR4, 1 TB, 128 GB SSD)
    • By foxriver32
      I've been pretty sick this year, again, I did pay my update fee for x9 and I just noticed that x10 is available.

How long has it been available and shouldn't I get the upgrade since my lic doesn't expire until 7/2018? Is the x10 update worth the effort?

Thanks for your help

Scott
    • By pwillis
      Can I upgrade from architectural to professional, and is there a cost difference from buying professional straight up to begin with. Not sure which is the better purchase at this time, but hoping I could just upgrade later.
    • By kitchenlifestyle
      My 2 year old laptop is painfully slow and having issues with graphics since I upgraded to X6. As a kitchen designer, I tend to load a lot of different materials which exacerbates the problem.  Chief Architect crashes when I try to pull an elevation view about 50% of the time.  If I try to show a line drawing, it takes about 20 minutes to load. 

I currently have 8g of memory, and 1  gig of ram dedicated for graphics.  However, my graphics card cannot be upgraded as it is imbedded in the mother board.  When I spoke to tech support, they said that my set-up should be adequate.  I am looking for a solution and am willing to upgrade.  I do not want to have a desktop as my work tends to be mobile from office to jobsite. 

Please offer suggestions for the best laptop to solve the problem.  I am also interested in setting up an additional monitor for docking screens, but hesitate in the purchase as the local "experts" don't seem to know what I am talking about.  I would appreciate some technical help. 

Thanks
    • By wkshank
      I am using Chief 10 still, on an ancient XP machine (it still works!).  But - time to upgrade.

My somewhat agey Vista (SP2) machine meets all the posted system requirements and then some, except that the processor is 2.33 (intel duo), not 2.4 as the site suggests.

What think you, geekSquad types?  Do I need to also get a new computer??  HATE to.  This one works fine for everything else I do, including PhotoShop.

THANKS for all advice.