Material definition for cabinet gables, where is ?

keysersoze

Is there no way to define gables material from cabinet faces?

I want to be able to show a customer different cabinet scenarios...too bad cabinet and drawer/doors cant be controlled all at once?

cabinets and doors and drawers are under materials but gables you have to go into cabinets to change, shouldnt gables be set from cabinet doors?

It would be nice to have simple control over the gables- and there are times where it can be really annoying that panels and drawer fronts use the same material.

BTW I more often see different finish on doors and drawer than the entire box so had never dealt with this but here ya go. Only spent a few minutes on this but should get you going I hope.

What is the best way to get where you want really depends on what type of cabinet construction you are using.

The side panels were selected from the library NOT the drop down list. Used material painter in component mode to change colors.

For inset you would need to get rid of the standard toe, float the cabinet up and add a separate one. For full overlay I'd just paint the side and be done with it as close enough.

post-85-0-15000900-1477688119_thumb.png

It would be nice to have simple control over the gables- and there are times where it can be really annoying that panels and drawer fronts use the same material.

BTW I more often see different finish on doors and drawer than the entire box so had never dealt with this but here ya go. Only spent a few minutes on this but should get you going I hope.

What is the best way to get where you want really depends on what type of cabinet construction you are using.

The side panels were selected from the library NOT the drop down list. Used material painter in component mode to change colors.

For inset you would need to get rid of the standard toe, float the cabinet up and add a separate one. For full overlay I'd just paint the side and be done with it as close enough.

Thanks mark, so it ,looks like no quick way to change all the cabinet components at once, 3 things, cabinet faces, cabinets, panels.