Sign in to follow this  
GKDevelopments

Dimension sizing

I have tried resetting the dimensions sizes in the default settings and can adjust everything to show in layouts as I want but when I'm working on plans I want the dimensions to stay the size I have set them at- not enlarge as I zoom out. Does anyone know how to lock the dimension size so plans don't look so cluttered while editing? Thank you!

Edit>Preferences>Appearance>Minimum Display Size.  Set it to a lower number, perhaps zero.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefDallas
    Newest Member
    ChiefDallas

• By TCDLLC
      Hi, I am a Revit user converting to Chief. 
      When working with angled walls in Chief, I have not been able to lock a wall from moving when changing dimensions on connecting walls. 
      I am familiar with how to use the directional tools to move an end of an object to adjust its dimensions.
      When angled walls are off-angle, I can waste significant time adjusting the lengths of the angled walls and still not achieve the dimensions I need for all connecting walls.

The use case scenario is when I am drafting a plan using dimensions provided to me to create the build.  
      Of course, if I was creating a plan from scratch, I could probably avoid this situation.  

Any suggestions?
    • By wjmdes
      Not sure if this was an issue in X11, but in X12, I added "FIELD VERIFY" to Trailing Text under Segments and it also added "FIELD VERIFY" into the extension next to the elevation.  Fortunately, in this case, that is fine, but maybe an issue in the future.

• By Chiefusermickey
      Is there any way to force new objects such as a window, wall, or door to snap to the grid? I have my snap grid/snap unit set to 1". I would like for new items to be placed in the plan on a whole inch and not fractions. As it is I can drop in an object and the dimensions to it will be off the grid and not a whole number. I have to manually move the object to get the dimension to a whole number. I have attached an example of my problem. To many unwanted fractions. 
    • By Christhebuilder
      I don't have the option for auto interior dimensions available in the dimension drop down menu. Am I missing a setting that makes its available? Auto exterior is there, NKAB is there, Just not auto interior. What am I missing? 
    • By DeckQuestions
      I need my CA walls to match these drawn measurements, but I'm having trouble getting both the diagonal-wall-length and horizontal-wall-to-horizontal-wall dimensions to agree. I think it's because CA can't/won't automatically alter the angle of the diagonal wall.

Is there a way to get everything where I want it without eyeballing and manually fine tuning the the angle?