Sign in to follow this  
Chief_Content

New and Updated Catalogs

We have a number of new and updated manufacture catalogs that we are happy to announce and share!

Please run "Update Library Catalogs" to get the latest versions of already installed catalogs, or visit the 3D Library to download and install those catalogs that you have not yet accessed.

Here are a few of the catalogs we've recently added:

Also, we've updated a variety of the existing catalogs for quality control and to incorporate new items. Here are some of the catalogs in which you may notice improvements:

... and more to come!

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TrueCADD
    Newest Member
    TrueCADD

• By jheath21
      Hello! I downloaded Chief in January, only to find that it didn't come with the core catalogs, or any of the catalogs. I know that I can download individual things through the website, however they still aren't loading into Chief. I have x10 and I downloaded the x10 catalog, still unable to use it. For example, I downloaded a bunch of wood material catalogs to change my cabinets. When I go into materials, I see all the materials say "Texture Missing" with a yellow !. Some of the materials don't even have a name or a photo, there's a folder, but its just blank.
      Help! I use Chief for school and I need these materials to be able to work on my projects at home. Please help!

• By rikdekker
      I have written a request to Ikea to make their products available to designers to draw into the designs. I regularly get requests from clients.
      Ikea's response was an apology that their own planner apparently didn't seem to be sufficient a tool.
      If anyone else using CA sees the usefulness of Ikea models and would take the time to write them then possibly in the future we might have access to the Ikea 3d furniture.
    • By Donco15
      Question: If I have Home Designer Pro 2019  and want to download materials in the 3D library - paid or non paid versions

what do I click on if it only gives me the following..

x1 - x10

but it says that it is compatible with my version in the compatible list...

Chief Architect Premier
      Chief Architect Interiors
      Home Designer Pro
      Home Designer Essentials
      Home Designer Interiors
      Home Designer Suite
      Home Designer Architectural Versions: X4 / 2012 (2.13 MB)
      X5 / 2014 (2.13 MB)
      X6 / 2015 (3.88 MB)
      X7 / 2016 (3.88 MB)
      X8 / 2017 (3.85 MB)
      X9 / 2018 (3.85 MB)
      X10 / 2019 (3.85 MB)  

Thanks for the feedback

D-
    • By Chief_Content
      Hello All!

Welcome to those of you using Chief Architect X10!

You may have noticed some of the selections in our generic Core Materials are quite different in the new release. We re-vamped some of these categories and replaced them with versions that we hope are much more accurate and realistic, and are also higher resolution and quality.

If you don't feel like you are seeing these changes, please run the "Update Library Catalogs" command from the Library menu and then restart Chief Architect to ensure you have the most current Library Browser content.

Specifically you'll notice differences in these areas:
      Blocks Brick Landscaping Roofing Sheet Metal Siding Stucco Textured Glass Tile Wood Flooring Wood  
      Although things have moved around a bit you should not experience missing file errors for plans coming forward from previous versions. Even so, I highly recommend maintaining plans via the "Backup Entire Plan" tool when transitioning from one version to another, simply because it is a reliable way to archive your projects for posterity and to transition between versions. If you prefer older materials, you can always add your favorites to your User Library from existing plans.

We will continue to update the remaining Materials and categories in the Library Browser, so you can expect to see more additions in the future. 

If there are specific materials that you would like represented in our generic material selection, please let us know! We are working to improve the quality and usability to be as relevant and as useful as possible. You can e-mail us your ideas, or post them in the Suggestions forum.
      content@chiefarchitect.com
    • By CBuserIndia
      Hello, I am CA-interior user.
      I have downloaded Beds catalogue ( 3D Library>Furniture>Bed no 1 ).
      While using one of the bed, I realised, I am unable to explode / edit any block.

How do I explode/edit these blocks ? I want to customise (drop some part of design), how do I do that ?
      The usual steps which I use for exploding/editing other blocks, those options are not available here.

From what I understand these are not Architectural blocks. Is there any way to convert this in to block, so that we can customise it.
      Thanks for help