NightMyst

Pedestal Import from SketchUp

I have created a Washer/Dryer Pedestal in SketchUp and imported it into Chief. Everything worked fine, except it imported some crazy material items.

Plywood Panel has an imported material called unnamed_model_SKP_Plywood_Panel

I would like this to come in as Cabinet Base (the object name in SketchUp) and the material is not important as I could then change it in Chief.

The new name would make it easier ti visualize and adjust the model in Chief.

color_204_68_0 should be Top Rail....

Maybe I'm asking too much and maybe it cannot be done. The imported item works great (imported as Fixture (interior) ehn place against walls and such, turned correctly to have the front facing out. Tried importing as a cabinet, but chief added a countertop, backsplash etc....not needed for this object.

I created a simple plan to show what I mean. In the Laundry room are my pedestal alone and one as a block with a washer. If you look at the Materials for the pedestal, there are materials imported from SketchUp that I would like named for the parts, as they are in most items. I can map them to materials in CA, but it would be nice if they were labeled as Back or Top Rail...etc

Pedestal Test Plan.plan

OPen the symbol, select material click on the material you want to change the name of and then click it one more time and the name will be highlighted and can be changed.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    DesignerPro2020
    Newest Member
    DesignerPro2020

• By JNWArchitect
      I have imported a PDF for use as a background in my drawings. Is appears ok on the screen, but when it prints out the background is very light, almost invisible.
      Is there a way to adjust the lightness/darkness and/or contrast of the PDF?
      Thanks
    • By TonyMM
      Hey guys, 

Yesterday I uploaded PDFs onto my layout and it worked wonderfully.
      After re-opening the program today the pdf's have resized themselves only showing half of each page. 
      Even if I delete them and re-upload the issue wont go away. 

Any ideas?

Thanks. 

I'm using X10. 

• By Ange822
      Hi there,

I am new to this ChiefTalk / Forum but i need help.

I am trying to Import a 3D Sketch-up object from the 3D warehouse into chief. It is a Teknion office product.
      When i go to File - Import - Import 3D symbol - attach the document, i get the attached pop - up.

Any idea's what the issue could be? 

I am using X9.

thanks,
      Angela

• By RohitChandra
      How do I add different tiles to different areas of the bathroom? 

• By C_Parrilla
      All,

FYI - I'm new to Chief Architect Home Designer 2016 and Room Planner iPad app. 
      I created a simple plan (square room with a few wall and base cabinets) on room planner and saved it to the cloud (Green Cloud icon). I closed the app and reopened it to make sure the changes were saved. Then I go over to Home designer 2016 Architectural (Trial) and  -> create a new design -> and go to import and then "Import Room Planner File". I put in my credentials and see the designs I've. The thumbnail that is displayed for all my plans do show the rooms with the cabinets as it does in the iPad app. The issue is that when i select and import the file, I only see the outline of the room but not cabinets. I did a 3D perspective overview but I only see the walls. No cabinets at all. Am I doing something wrong or is this how the import feature is designed to work? Does it matter i'm using the Trial version of Home Designer? I even went ahead and saved a sample plan that was full of cabinets and rooms but same result. Attached are just a few images of what i see. Any other details needed just let me know.

Thanks in advance for the help everyone.