• Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Gentlemen, I'm a mac die hard. I utilize a 16" MacBook pro, 2.3GHz 8-core Intel i9, 16 GM 2667 MHz DDR4, w. AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB graphics card. I have had a rough time with Chief after updating to X13. Forget about sending renders to the layout and expecting it to print to PDF at all. It doesn't matter if the renderings are PB, vector or other. I've resorted to sending to layout as a JPG as a work around. It's a terrible drag on efficiency! Dealing with changes in the design are a serious PITA. I wish there had been some warning about saving any current projects in X13 because X12 worked flawlessly. I could give a hoot about real time ray tracing... Seems that's the big push in X13 so... I bought another Mac with the M1 chipset (latest greatest and super expensive). Couldn't wait to install X13 and see if that would have any impact. Sadly, no. I spent 3 days messing about trying to gain back the same functions I had enjoyed for years but to no avail. I sent it back. Nigel in support was a bit condescending on 2 occasions as I struggled with the whole "upgrade" and suggested a PC would be a far better choice! Not cool at all. I'll switch to another application before I go back to windows issues, crashes, constant updates and clunky user interface. I will choose to operate in X12 for all new projects. Hopefully the pain of closing out 4 projects I blindly saved into X13 will soon be completed so I can go back to my ignorant bliss waiting for an update that is tried, true and proven on my chosen platform. Be warned. Create duplicate plan and layout files of your projects in process before you commit to the X13 update. I'll be keenly watching anything with the keywords "Mac, rendering" in the forum for any hopeful news.
  2. Thanks Chris. I can't wait to hear what happens with the MacBook Pro M1. If it is the one with the... Configurable to AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB of GDDR6 memory or AMD Radeon Pro 5600M with 8GB of HBM2 memory It just might work! I simply hate the idea of going back to Windows so we shall see. Please post an update (even if it costs me another $4k... ugh)
  3. I have a 2019 16" MacBook Pro. 2.3GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9. Graphics is AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB. (beyond the posted minimum specs for Chief Architect) I just upgraded to x13. I am running into issues printing to PDF any layout with more than 2 renderings present. The images are partially black or very pixilated. Ughhh. Tech support says Apple is now using a new graphics engine that is essentially BETA. No more Open GL. The work around is to export the renderings from the plan and import into the layout. No longer can I send a rendering to the layout and have it auto or manually update. Uggggh. This is a serious workflow PITA. I'm looking for a solution that keeps me in the Apple ecosystem. I'm checking with Apple to see if I can upgrade the graphics card memory to 8GB (likely not possible) What about an eGPU like the Blackmagic? Will Chief Architect utilize the resource or only the onboard graphics memory? Is anyone out there using a Mac Mini with the new M1 chip? Content creators processing heavy 4k video projects have found this to be a serious powerhouse. Maybe it would also work for Chief??? Moving to Windows is definitely not preferred. Any real life experience would be helpful. Thank you, Mark