mscpbd

Members
  • Posts

    122
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mscpbd

  1. Thank you Ryan! I have tried everything I could think of! Much appreciated!
  2. Help... I've uninstalled and reinstalled chief and uninstalled the windows updates - I can not start chief at all.
  3. I've adjusted it enough that it looks ok...not sure if it was the "correct" way to handle it but I'm moving on. I appreciate all the help you've given! Thank you Chris and Jim! I'm glad to know it's not just me! Debra
  4. I do not, Jim... oh I know it's going to be something stupidly simple but it's a Monday!
  5. I know this is simple but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to make the beams BOTH sit at the top of the columns and not as shown. I've continued the same railing around to the side of the porch and I end up with the attached! What am I doing wrong?
  6. Appreciate it... I think I've found someone. Debra
  7. I'm looking for someone to create basement (standard and/or walkout) plans for our stock house plans. You must use X16 and be able to upgrade to X17, whenever that version is fully released. You also must be able to have a 2-4 day turn-around on the final foundation. Please send samples of your work along (with rates) and any questions to debra@design-house.com.
  8. Where did the ability to turn off the camera update go... so the views can be edited in layout?
  9. Does anyone have an individual 3d - 8"x16" split face cmu block? I need 3d and not just a texture to apply to a wall. Thank you in advance. Debra
  10. Thanks everyone! It's not the first time I've run into this, and when you do flip the plan, if you add new text it adds it upside down! I wish there was a way that we could tell the program that THIS wall will be the new front and everything will know to orient to the new angle.
  11. Can anyone tell me the best way to flip a house in Chief X15 front to back - not side to side. I have a client that now wants the back of the house to be the front. If I flip the house all the text stays as is and it's upside down, is there a trick that I'm missing? Debra
  12. Thanks guys! I marked the answer from Chris above as the solution, it looks right, even if I did have to force it. I'm not sure why that happens sometimes and both of the items you mentioned above make it look like it should. I'm not big fan of it not being correct but at least we can get this project done without putting in individual columns and beams. I think this must be a bit of a bug with Chief but it doesn't happen a lot, thankfully! Debra
  13. I've deleted the end rails and dragged the front porch rails around, I still get this weird event. I can't find anything that changes this... it's been a long week. See the new images below. Debra
  14. stonecurators.com - Found this interesting so I thought I'd share. Debra
  15. x13 - Have to update my sig.... I guess I didn't the "Irrigation" catalog downloaded. Thanks again - not my favorite sinks (no storage) but it's what the client wanted.
  16. You guys are great! I did a search for barrel and the other one never came up!! Thank you SO much! Debra
  17. Does anyone have a rustic barrel sink? Thanks in advance! Debra
  18. Bit the bullet and bought a new one, hubby is wanting my old one for a project so he's a happy camper! The new system will be in next week - I'm dreading downloading and installing all the software but looking forward to the speed; it was time to give her a rest. Thanks for the input!
  19. Thanks Guys! It looks like I'm going to have to try and get a pre-built one just to find video cards that are newer. I've seen the newer video cards but the prices are just about the cost of a new PC!
  20. I have a 7 year old computer, custom built for me, and I need to see if anyone can tell me if I can upgrade the video card to an RTX- 3080 or do I just need to start over? I have a MS-7917 - x64 PC Processor - Intel Core - i74790K CPU @ 4.00 GHz - 4 cores - 8 processors BIOS - American Megatrends v1.8 - 11-6-2004 32 GM RAM Nvida GTX-970 Video card I appreciate any pointers you can give me. I looked for an online tool to enter data for compatibility but didn't find anything. Debra