Hello Everyone,

I am stumped on an issue with dormer walls. I have a design that uses a cape cod roof bearing on the 1st floor walls. The top floor of this design has two dormers. These dormers have 1 exterior wall on the top side, and 1 interior wall on the lower side. I cannot figure out how to get the lower side walls to show with siding above the roof and drywall below the ceiling inside on the top floor.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance. People are so helpful on these forums!

Cheers,

Florence Addition.plan

See Lower Wall Type When Split by Butting Roof

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefJeet
    Newest Member
    ChiefJeet

• By HannaForestAsh
      When I place a window/door/etc. on a wall and type in the dimensions, sometimes it will move the edge of the wall instead of moving the window along the wall. (ie: if I have a 20' wall with a window on it, I want the length between the corner and the window to be 4'... instead of moving the window over on the wall, it will just extend the edge of the wall out past its original point so it's now 24'). Please help!! I'm not sure how to look up this issue so if there's a video on it already please direct me there!
    • By Designer100
      can anyone explain how and help me enclose between this new gable roof and ceiling. Also looking toward house thru gable closing in with Hardi-siding. The old roof is showing thru and something else when I do a rendering (see attached). Need to look good for a client in 3 D. They are adding a roof over existing 10' x 20' patio. 

thank you if you can help.

Newell Cheatheam
      CA 12
      newell@newellcheatheam.com 

Patio Remodeling.plan
    • By stevenyhof
      I have watched the video of ChiefSkills by Steve Nestor, "DORMERS - Auto and Manual Types"
      Trying to use the idea there to cut my walls out of the living space. I think you called it "Cheek Walls".
      See the real picture and the angled ceiling. That is what I am trying to do.
      Any thoughts?

SND1823 Klinke Residence.plan

• By j2narchitecture
      Hello. 
      I am starting a remodeling plan based off of an existing plan.
      When I delete an exterior first floor wall (i.e. a wall that is being demolished), an attic wall shows in its place and the floor disappears in perspective overview.
      Why are attic walls being automatically generated for my first floor exterior walls?
      Any suggestion on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. 

TIA !

Remodel 1.plan
    • By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .