Looking for freelance plan help (south east US...but can work from anywhere)

VisualDandD

Hey all.   Just a little background.   I have been working in Chief since the late 90's.   Up until a year ago, I was always self employed.   I have built and designed for the last 20 years with extensive field experience.

I took a position with a small home builder north of Charlotte NC.   Really great people who are honest and have a passion for building the best house they can for their customers.  (I dont say that lightly.....as I have never before met and worked with people of this level of character.   That is the one thing that interested me in actually working for someone else for the first time in my life).

We build aprox 10-12 homes a year all about 4-5 thousand under roof.   We are growing, but only will do slowly as we do not want anything to suffer in the interest of just trying to increase volume.   (the owner had a 350 home per year operation pre-fallout and wants to focus on staying small and building quality now).

I have been handling a lot of things.   All design schematics, client guidance, I work with the engineer to appropriately annotate plans...etc.   (besides take-offs, and some field supervision...etc).

We need someone who is versed in chief to start taking up some of my workload.   I know this will be a challenge in some ways, and I plan on setting up good Anno sets to make the process as easy as possible.   

To start, I would need someone to transpose engineer notes and go through and getting final plans out.   I also need some help generating some marketing plans (pretty simple process just not a lot of time for me to do it).   This could develop further...as you never really know where things might go.  

Interested in someone who might be looking for some extra work.   It could be a young guy/gal without a lot of experience looking to earn extra money, or a guy with good chief skills who can really pound out some work.   We are flexible and open to see what opportunities can fit into our process.

We are open to fair hourly rates or just coming up with a negotiated sum per scope.  I understand greatly that a power user gets done more in an hour than can a newb in half a day.   We are fair minded and open.   Since I draw most every day, I know what it takes to get things done and we value peoples time.

Must have X8.  Open to finding something that works for both parties and open to any future possibilities.   As an aside, we live in an area where plans are very simple compared with some areas of the country.     Generally 8-10 page sets.   Not many sections...mainly floor plans and engineering notes.   Engineering notes are easy.  Our engineer marks up the plans by hand and we transpose the notes.   I'll attach a recent set as an example of the level of detail required.  I also attached an example of how our engineer marks up the plans and those need to be transposed to plans.

Contact me at Justin@build4g.com

Thank you

Justin

4G Design Build

16-3-15 4G-TheRiestererRes-Lot643FallsCove(seal3-14-16).pdf

4G-Hill Residence-Lot 243 Pebble Bay (seal12-2-15).pdf

4G-Hill Residence-Engineering Redlines-8-7-15-Fdn.PDF

4G-Hill Residence-Engineering Redlines-8-7-15-first floor.PDF

4G-Hill Residence-Engineering Redlines-8-7-15-roof.PDF

Hi all.  Wanted to thank everyone who has contacted.   I have been buried but I do plan on responding to every email.   We have not made any decisions as of yet, but I will get back with anyone who responded.

Thank you

Justin

I believe we have found someone we are going to begin working with.   Was lucky enough to reach out and find another Chief'er not far from us who will be familiar with the way we do things.  Cool what a small world it can be sometimes.    I wanted to thank all that reached out to respond.   Just have to say there are some great guys out there doing terrific work!

Thanks again

Justin