Sign in to follow this  
ChiefArchitect

X8 Now Available!

We are excited to announce the release of Chief Architect X8! Sign up for a webinar highlighting the New Features introduced into X8. You can also visit our Website for a detailed features list and more.

If you are currently using the X8 Beta version, simply check for updates through the program.

Are you upgrading from an older version? Check out our Migration Guide. This will help you make a smooth transition from your earlier version of Chief Architect to Chief Architect X8. 

X8 Now available

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefDallas
    Newest Member
    ChiefDallas

• By Alyssa5
      Hi, 
      I have attached a couple of screenshots to best describe my problem
      Whenever I move the camera view, I get this sort of distort colouring on my walls?
      Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks

• By Alyssa5
      Hi,
      I am using Chief Architect X8 on a Mac.
      I am having trouble with roof planes - I want to be able to change the baseline height but it keeps defaulting back and won't alter.
      Yet when I open the same file on another computer I can change it
      Any suggestions?

Thanks
    • By Garreth
      Hi all anyone experiencing an issue when opening an older plan version.
      I have downloaded cheif x10 beta and checked a few things so all good whilst also keeping the x8 version.
      Also tried to keep everything separate , new jobs in x10 and old jobs in x8 etc.

It just so happens that when trying to open older x8 file a window pops up requesting permission to upgrade x8 to newer version (x8).
      I have gone thru process of choosing no  on one occassion and then choosing yes on another but with no success.
      Attached screenshots describe situation.

My problem now is that i have an x8 file that i want to open in x8 but cant.

Any thoughts.
      Do i have to remove x10beta off system??

Or is there some low level tweak.
      I could then just convert x8 file to x10 beta but don't want to as our computers are not upto spec for hardware requirements...

Any advice appreciated.

thanks
    • By TDzine
      Hello
      I am a beginner Chief Architect user hoping to purchase a X8 or X9 Premier License to start out with. 
      I need to keep my costs down as I am a single mother.  Appreciate any input.

Thank you!
      TDzine
    • By tim722
      Please refer to attached images.
      I'm pondering how to do something along these lines in CA using X8.

Assuming the following. Beam pockets in walls for the larger beams. layers for roof
      over interior structure include usual OSB with paper and corr. metal, and ceiling to int. roof with gyp board.
      I've tried different techniques and can't quite get there.

Do you do deck/porch room and create a custom roof structure? Manually place beams and create
      an "elevated deck" for the porch covering? I'm sure there are some advanced techniques I'm not
      aware of to accomplish this.

Can someone take a look and suggest a workable solution?

Thanks!