dwelldesign

Importing Acad Elevation 'point's

I've run into this a few times now and I always work around it and have not had the chance to resolve how to do this properly.  I have the ACAD survey base drawing.  All elevation shots are on the drawing as ACAD 'point's.  They are valid points with X height information. The ACAD file is in metric units, CHief is imperial - but I am importing it with unit specified on the import (the terrain perimeter imported from the same ACAD file came in correctly).  When I attempt to import these 'point's - they do not import no matter what I try!

ps. I turned on all layers & filled window in the view to make sure they are not hiding somewhere.....

Help! Attached is the dwg file with the points 

X8 User 

Grade Points.zip

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    DarrinKoone
    Newest Member
    DarrinKoone

• By MN_JohnH
      I know this has been talked about before but I can not find it and I can't figure out how to do it again.
      I have a house drawing and I have the terrain drawn and I would like to orient the house differently on the terrain. I want to keep my house drawing square with my plan so it would need to be the terrain itself that has to rotate. I can rotate the terrain perimeter but that doesn't rotate the elevation lines etc. When I select the perimeter and all the elevation lines, i am not able to rotate the whole thing.
    • By Designer100
      i have been trying to work this rear roof out and cannot seem to close it up.

I would appreciate anyone assisting me. this is all i like finishing up this project.

Thanks,

1411 Plan .zip
    • By Ravenquills
      Hi everyone:

I am having an issue with a split level. I am using Chief X11.
      The plan i posted does not have foundations since when i add those things get really weird and I think I need to sort out the issue with the levels first or the foundation will never build right. I have a room that is going to be garage however no matter how i define it the door from that room into the main house is above the level of the ceiling. see attached photo. I have also attached the plan. The exterior walls are a sip wall customized according to the manufactures specifications with a layer for the furred interior walls. The total thickness on those walls is 10 5/8" The interior wall is a customized interior wall that is load bearing for use in certain areas of the design.

6242019 RFH (Shell2).plan

• By ChiefUserTuan
      We have owned a single family home for over 20 years and now are in need to legalize it from a Single Family Home to 2 units. We need to submit plans with elevation info to legalize. The home is in Oakland, CA. If you are in my area please contact me. Thank you.

• By decorators3
      Hi 

I am building a foundation but in camera view there is a hole under the foundation but no terrain.. ???!!