Sign in to follow this  
HaywardVT

Can I Create A Custom Attic Truss With Sloped Ceilings?

I've only found answers regarding earlier versions of CA, I'm using X7 and hoping it's possible by now. It says that the ceilings need to be flat in order to build attic trusses but I need to create something similar to the attached picture.

post-8426-0-95778100-1448491737_thumb.jpg

Draw the truss; Open it up; and under options select "Attic Truss"... 

See Attached

post-237-0-08754800-1448493465_thumb.png

post-237-0-27635100-1448493469_thumb.png

I just had to move the interior walls further apart from each other. The way the tutorial is made it seem like an attic truss couldn't be created if the interior walls weren't on the dotted lines that show a change in ceiling slope, it even says "The loft area must have a flat ceiling."

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Burtonmadness
    Newest Member
    Burtonmadness

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, is there a way to display the ceiling elevation (height) on plan view, as we typically show them on architectural drawings?
    • By goshgolly
      I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find anything specific that answers this question.

I'm trying to create a simple vanity with two drawers and an open shelf underneath (see inspiration image of "vanity").  I simply can't figure out a way/remember how to add a shelf other than by using the shelf command. While this works visually, it treats it as a separate part of the vanity, thereby creating two separate pieces.  In the Working Plan and Kitchen and Bath View plans, the shelf shows up on top of the sink while the 3d view shows the shelf in the correct place!  I guess maybe it's, in part, a layers thing?

I know there has to be a better way of doing this.  What am I missing/forgetting?

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, Is it possible to create a ceiling assembly schedule in CA? I could not find one, nor an option to assign to a custom schedule. Any tips?
    • By Designer100
      can anyone explain how and help me enclose between this new gable roof and ceiling. Also looking toward house thru gable closing in with Hardi-siding. The old roof is showing thru and something else when I do a rendering (see attached). Need to look good for a client in 3 D. They are adding a roof over existing 10' x 20' patio. 

thank you if you can help.

Newell Cheatheam
      CA 12
      newell@newellcheatheam.com 

Patio Remodeling.plan
    • By 1090291004350551
      Hello everyone,
      In my current project, a client asks for a groin vault, something like that. 
      I've looked through the forum but I can't find anything about this.

How is it possible to do with Chief? 
       I would be very grateful for a video.

Thanks in advance