Move stair rail to align with wall?

conwaynorth1

I finally understood what you were asking. I think you are asking how to get the railing to change its inset position from the outer edge of the step or staircase edge.

Am I right?

I guess whenever you tried pulling the edge of the staircase in so that the railing lines up in the middle of your landing wall it would also move the wall under the staircase causing it to become offset from your landing wall.

I'm so proud of myself but unfortunately I don't have an answer. I would love it if you reform halted your question and possibly included a plan with some mark ups better describing your problem.

I would love to know how to change that offset distance of the railing to step edge.

I've never seen a question go unanswered on this forum providing the question was formulated properly.

this can be done as a double stair.  I have my main stair at 39" wide, and I've specified no railing on the lower section.  I've copied the lower section and have unchecked auto heights, and have specified the correct riser heights. with this copied flight, I drag the right edge in about two inches, and then specify a railing on the right.

post-62-0-83050100-1446417263_thumb.jpg

two stairs.plan

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FireflyHomes
    Newest Member
    FireflyHomes

• By Thewoodmaster
      I cant for the life of me get the two inside mitered 45 corners to connect the stairs together, or get the small section by the wall to even draw the stairs.  I also cant get the direction of the grain on the deck boards to run the right way.  I tried copy the material and rotate it, but no luck.  The stairs are just pissing me off at this point.  Also why are the treads showing up as a single tread and not 2 deck boards.

patio plan.plan
    • By Meltdown00
      Is it possible to model this in CA? (Reasonably close.) How would I do it? 
    • By CastleLake
      Newbie to Home Designer Pro! I've watched a bunch of tutorials, taken the bootcamp, and searched the help system and forum... Seems like I'm missing something very simple?

How do you make a wall that has exterior on both sides? For example: an exterior accent wall (like the pony wall (?) in the pic coming off the left-side of the entry) OR specifically the walls making up the exposed Covered Entry in the pic--which would have a foundation, ceiling, roof, and most-importantly an exterior layer (stone) on both sides? Do I need to create this type of wall from scratch? Isn't this a common thing?

I've tried create a new wall type and altering a specific drawn exterior wall to no avail. Scratching my head here and feeling silly that I can't figure it out! 

• By DRyeHD
      I've tried all dbx setting combinations I can think of, looked through the discussion topics, and on the FB user group - can't find a solution to get my balusters to go down to the stair treads.  I see a few pictures of this type of application but can't figure out how to do it.  I turned the auto-rail off and am using the railing tool.  Any help with this is appreciated.

• By BenPalmer
      about a year ago, with an X12 updates, thick wall connections (anything over 8" thick) became unstable...especially when 3 walls intersect.

I'm attaching an X12 plan that demonstrates several issues I'm having.  Curious if others see the same behavior.  notes within the plan describing the behaviors

I realize that layered walls will likely fix much of this but I do not like layered walls....they have a whole set of issues that I don't want to get into the pros and cons.  again, this worked fine before, but broke with an X12 update and is still broken in X13 beta.

Appreciate everyone's input.
      wallConnectionProblems.plan