Sign in to follow this  
rock-chalk

Moving objects by inches within dimensions

Hey all,

I hope someone has had this happen to them...I started a new plan this morning and when I try to move my walls by typing in a new dimension on either the manual or temporary dimension string, it will only move the wall in feet increments...the only "help" article I could find, only referred to the "default is in inches" for moving objects this way.  For Example, I try to move a wall 36 inches and it moves it 36 feet.  I cannot find the default to change this.

simple beginning of the plan attached...

Thanks,

Doug

Windows Prof 7, CAX7

When entering in the new dimension you want you can enter the feet or inches symbol ( ' or " )

Or - In the dimension defaults DBX, click on Number Style and toggle the Decimal Feet button. At that point all of the numbers in the temp dim box will automatically register as feet.   

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the reply.  I did all of that, but it still did no good.  I even opened another plan and it was acting the same way, when last night it was fine.  So, I just shut down CA and restarted it....and presto change-o it works like it has for years now!!

Thanks again for taking the time.

Doug

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    VCeffects
    Newest Member
    VCeffects

• By divreig
      Anyone know how to change label text size? I am working on a large building and the layout scaling is 1/32". The labels are too small and cant be read. I cant find options for text size all the label panel, all it has that box that says use default, that I can check and uncheck. But don't know where to edit this default size or the individual label text size. 

• By wjmdes
      Not sure if this was an issue in X11, but in X12, I added "FIELD VERIFY" to Trailing Text under Segments and it also added "FIELD VERIFY" into the extension next to the elevation.  Fortunately, in this case, that is fine, but maybe an issue in the future.

• By Chiefusermickey
      Is there any way to force new objects such as a window, wall, or door to snap to the grid? I have my snap grid/snap unit set to 1". I would like for new items to be placed in the plan on a whole inch and not fractions. As it is I can drop in an object and the dimensions to it will be off the grid and not a whole number. I have to manually move the object to get the dimension to a whole number. I have attached an example of my problem. To many unwanted fractions. 
    • By Christhebuilder
      I don't have the option for auto interior dimensions available in the dimension drop down menu. Am I missing a setting that makes its available? Auto exterior is there, NKAB is there, Just not auto interior. What am I missing? 
    • By DeckQuestions
      I need my CA walls to match these drawn measurements, but I'm having trouble getting both the diagonal-wall-length and horizontal-wall-to-horizontal-wall dimensions to agree. I think it's because CA can't/won't automatically alter the angle of the diagonal wall.

Is there a way to get everything where I want it without eyeballing and manually fine tuning the the angle?