Any method to autobuild crawlspace adjacent to slab with trench footings

madcowscarnival

Hey folks,

I'm trying to autobuild a crawlspace foundation for a "house" directly adjacent to a post-frame building foundation (trench footing at the building perimeter, slab above).

In CA settings a monolithic slab under the post-frame, walls with footings under the "house".

When I go through the foundation dialog box, it doesn't appear that I can specify separate areas for different types.  I did attempt to define foundation in the room type structure tab, but when it ultimately builds, it just does same type throughout.  Is what I am attempting possible or do I need to draw the foundation plan "by hand".  I have not had any luck with internet searching, which in general seems to be getting completely over-loaded with bot-spam articles.

Thank you for any input.

Open DBX for each foundation room and separately tell CA what you want in each foundation room.

You may need to select the common wall between between house and post-frame and turn off its footings to get it to look like the pole barn and not the crawl walls.  View it in 3d and raise this wall bottom to match monolithic wall bottom.

I have to ask if the post-frame floor is flush with grade?  Because the crawlspace joists & sill plate must be 6" above grade, so a 2x10 joist floor is actually 17.5" above grade, minimum. -i.e. not level with post-frame floor.