Migrating to X16 from Interiors

Kbernard

I have files created in Home Designer Pro, X14 and have recently been upgraded to X16. I'm a novice user.  These are my questions.  

1.      My files back up to OndDrive.  Is it best to work on files kept on the C-drive or is it ok to work from OneDrive all the time?

2.      Can the data files be moved from where they were installed by the program?  The program put an icon on my desktop- if I use that to open the file is it different from opening the file iI created in my One Drie docs?

3.      I have images (stones etc) that were imported for plans created in both Home Designer Pro and X14-where are they stored?  Do i need to move them to a new X16 file?

4.      I changed the names of the file folders:  I call it library- should I change the files to separate files: per what the program calls them?  Core, Bonus, Mfg so it matches the program?  What is textures-photos?

5.      I have library entries from Home Designer- can those be moved to X16?

6.      Should calibz files be kept in a separate location than “textures” -jpgs and png.

7 hours ago, Kbernard said:

I have files created in Home Designer Pro, X14 and have recently been upgraded to X16. I'm a novice user.  These are my questions.  

1.      My files back up to OndDrive.  Is it best to work on files kept on the C-drive or is it ok to work from OneDrive all the time?

2.      Can the data files be moved from where they were installed by the program?  The program put an icon on my desktop- if I use that to open the file is it different from opening the file iI created in my One Drie docs?

3.      I have images (stones etc) that were imported for plans created in both Home Designer Pro and X14-where are they stored?  Do i need to move them to a new X16 file?

4.      I changed the names of the file folders:  I call it library- should I change the files to separate files: per what the program calls them?  Core, Bonus, Mfg so it matches the program?  What is textures-photos?

5.      I have library entries from Home Designer- can those be moved to X16?

6.      Should calibz files be kept in a separate location than “textures” -jpgs and png.

1. Best to clarify what files you are referring to. Are you referring to data files associated with the program or are you referring to project files such as plan and layout? Also depends on if you have multiple machines within your office environment. Answers would depend on these factors and more.
  2. yes you can relocate your data files through preferences/folders/ I am assuming the icon you are referring to is a shortcut for the software. What file did you create in your onedrive docs?
  3. You imported images such as the class "images" in chief architect or you dropped an image in a plan to use as a reference or you created a material? answers will depend on what you are referring to.
  4. You changed the name of which file folders? Are you refering to folders you are creating within the user library folder? Where are you seeing a reference to "textures-photos"?
  5. HomeDesigner does have the option to export library items and then you can import those same items in Premiere
  6. calibz files are a compressed collection of files for installing in the program. They are not an active or integral part of the program. They aren't doing anything...think of them as a repository. You can store them anywhere you like