Flush boxed roof eaves software bug

djhplanning

Wondering if anyone can help me out or also has problems with boxed flush roof eaves.  I have had this problem for a couple of years now.  The problem is the software does not want to always fill in the end of the boxed eave properly.  Sometimes it looks fine with the red ribbed steel, sometimes it looks white and sometimes it looks open.  I have contacted Chief Architect tech support and they seam to be avoiding the issue saying they have given it to their technicians for review.  At one point, they sent me a video where they adjusted some attic walls.  I have contacted them a couple of times for follow up and they say nothing new.  Many of my designs are for larger homes so a simple pole building like I have attached shouldn't be that difficult for the software to figure out.  Maybe it is something with my computer or a setting in my drawing template.  Does anyone else have this issue?  I just don't understand why this is happening and it is very frustrating.  I have attached the file and would highly praise anyone that could figure it out.  I have also attached a couple of images of how it looks on my end with the file open.  Thank you!

Healy boxed eave 2.jpg

Healy boxed eave 1.jpg

Healy High.plan

I have this happen a lot too, for various reasons usually.

I think the main issue on this plan is you have a 2" overhang on the gable ends. With 2x subfascia and 1-1/2" fascia 2" isn't enough of an overhang to handle that so I changed the fascia to 1/16" thick assuming metal fascia, that seemed to take care of it. I also went into the materials on the two roof planes and changed the "flush eave" material to white. The flush eave material doesn't always seem to make a difference but I'll change it if I'm having problems.

1596563184_HealyHigh - FASCIA ADJUSTED (2).zip

20 hours ago, tundra_dweller said:

I have this happen a lot too, for various reasons usually.

I think the main issue on this plan is you have a 2" overhang on the gable ends. With 2x subfascia and 1-1/2" fascia 2" isn't enough of an overhang to handle that so I changed the fascia to 1/16" thick assuming metal fascia, that seemed to take care of it. I also went into the materials on the two roof planes and changed the "flush eave" material to white. The flush eave material doesn't always seem to make a difference but I'll change it if I'm having problems.

1596563184_HealyHigh - FASCIA ADJUSTED (2).zip 1.86 MB · 14 downloads

Thanks for taking a look Brett!  I truly appreciate it.  You must be using X16 so I will have to upgrade so I can open the attached file.  I think some of the issue too is the post frame wall style I am using.  But this also happens when using just a normal 2x6 exterior wall so I don't know.  

19 minutes ago, djhplanning said:

Thanks for taking a look Brett!  I truly appreciate it.  You must be using X16 so I will have to upgrade so I can open the attached file.  I think some of the issue too is the post frame wall style I am using.  But this also happens when using just a normal 2x6 exterior wall so I don't know.  

I didn't think about what version you were using, sorry about that. There's an X15 version attached.

If you open up the roof specs for each roof plane you'll see that in the structure tab I changed the fascia from 1-1/2"x6" to 1/16"x6".

That takes care of the open ended soffit box, but you still get the siding & fascia materials fighting to be seen. For that I went into the materials tab and changed "Flush Eave" to white and that seemed to work.

I ran into this problem myself today on a plan that has standard wall framing and 24" overhangs with flush eaves. Can't for the life of me get the right material to show on the flush eaves. It's definitely an issue that needs to be fixed.

1596563184_HealyHigh FASCIA ADJUST X15.plan

• Like 1