walk through video

decorators3

Hi

I am in the process of creating my first  Walkthrough video for my client.  Is there a preference for using the CAD spline and convert to walk through path or just use the create walk though ?

Also when looking at some of the walk throughs  in the online help  videos it looks like they are using an outside software to edit the videos (splicing I think).. Is that really necessary or just for our benefit to show how the videos can look.( hopefully not necessary)

Dustin Cruz has an easy to follow video so I am assuming this would be a good sample.  I am not going to us fast and slow cameras but  would use up and down plus want to have the PB rendering that match my still images

Thanks again Any advise would be welcome. 

Cheers

Levina

Hi there!

1 hour ago, decorators3 said:

Is there a preference for using the CAD spline and convert to walk through path or just use the create walk though ?

You can use the Convert Polyline tool on the Edit Toolbar to convert splines into a Walkthrough Path. You can also edit walkthrough paths created with the Create Walkthrough Path tool as splines by selecting the walkthrough path and clicking "Advanced Splines" on the Edit Toolbar.

1 hour ago, decorators3 said:

it looks like they are using an outside software to edit the videos (splicing I think).. Is that really necessary or just for our benefit to show how the videos can look.

The walkthrough feature in Chief exports a single video file of the path that you have the camera follow. There are no tools in Chief to edit the walkthrough video that is created. Using an external software to edit these walkthrough paths that are recorded allows you to stitch multiple videos together. This allows an easier workflow than trying to build a giant walkthrough path to have the perfect output all in one go. You definitely could make a giant path and export it without further editing, but it might end up being more challenging than splitting it into smaller parts and editing those parts into one video.

Best,

Connor

1 hour ago, ConnorE said:

Hi there!

You can use the Convert Polyline tool on the Edit Toolbar to convert splines into a Walkthrough Path. You can also edit walkthrough paths created with the Create Walkthrough Path tool as splines by selecting the walkthrough path and clicking "Advanced Splines" on the Edit Toolbar.

The walkthrough feature in Chief exports a single video file of the path that you have the camera follow. There are no tools in Chief to edit the walkthrough video that is created. Using an external software to edit these walkthrough paths that are recorded allows you to stitch multiple videos together. This allows an easier workflow than trying to build a giant walkthrough path to have the perfect output all in one go. You definitely could make a giant path and export it without further editing, but it might end up being more challenging than splitting it into smaller parts and editing those parts into one video.

Best,

Connor

unfortunately  I have no idea how to edit videos.. so i guess I will depend on Chief for my results..  Maybe I should do two videos   (ie) living room kitchen dining room//  --then hall- master bedroom and ensuite 

Thanks for your response,..

Levina