Footing Issues

Ed_Orum

I am attaching a plan where my footings are all solid lines, even though they are dashed lines in the specifications box.  How do I change them to dashed lines?
Also, can a footing, independent of the wall it supports be re-configured.  I want to create an extension of the main footing which will support a concrete pier for a deck. I will place the pier manually.  Alternately, can I create a pilaster on the exterior of the foundation where the top of the pilaster is "x" inches below the main foundation wall?  

It can be seen on the foundation plan view in the front deck area.

Thanks in advance.

Lane

Wood Street Putnam Valley PLAN.zip

Your foundation wall footings are set to come in on the "Footings, Deck Post" instead of the typical "Footings" layer. It looks like it's set up this way in your default foundation walls.

So you can either change the linetype of your deck post footings layer, or select all your foundation walls and change the layer to "Footings" and you'd also probably want to change it in the default foundation wall too.

You can't manipulate the footings on their own independent of the foundation walls, although there are some workarounds that I've seen on here before, but I will usually just draw my own footings using slabs and put them on the footings layer if I need to customize the footings. If I'm doing the whole foundation with custom footings I'll change my default foundation wall to not include footings. For pilasters, I typically use a 3D solid for those.